Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

$8 bike camera

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
i got one, works great!! Make sure u get a #3 if you can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAlJmxYvTY

Man that's one bumpy-*** road! How do you not bend your rims?! lol

Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
i got one, works great!! Make sure u get a #3 if you can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aAlJmxYvTY
New mounting location maybe? I was getting sea sick just trying to make that cam sit level on the straights. :P

Old 09-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been looking into the camera.. and now I know...
#3 is the best version of the camera.. I didn't know there were so many types.. different resolution and such... but all look the same..

interesting reading:
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

I found a #3 808 camera with a 4GB card included for $30 shipped .. and US seller so it will be here quicker... I think I'm going to go with that..
side note.. I played with mounting my flip camera to the bike.. wow.. lots of shaking.. got me nauseous just watching it.. lol

this one Id put in the helmet probably...

Old 09-20-2010, 02:31 PM

so my 808 camera came today and to a disappointment there was no memory stick so what do i need to go buy to get this bad boy to work?

Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 PM

ah answer to my question.... must be FAT 32 format a Micro SD or micro SDHC and a class 4 or higher pref for higher quality video

Old 09-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by RideRed31B
Ok i pretty much never get on here unless i have a question guys on my local fourm cant help me with so if this is a repost im sorry but i thought id share this with all of you. this little POS looking key chain camera takes pretty decent video for $8 and a SD card....and yes i know i crossed the double yellow at the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXZPYaDij-E

heres the ebay link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3391wt_911
hey ridered where did you mount and how did you mount the little bugger? Mine just came and I can't wait to test it on the road. Give us some tips man!

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by RideRed31B
well the camera looks like a key chain car alarm type deal the top has to buttons on the bottom is flat so the easiest way to mount it is put some double sided Velcro on the bottom stick it upside down then just edit the video so its right side up...........the time stamp is a lost cause anyway i have no clue how to make it correct
How do you edit the video so it's right side up
cheers Tommy

Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
hey ridered where did you mount and how did you mount the little bugger? Mine just came and I can't wait to test it on the road. Give us some tips man!

Thanks.
I think he said he mounted it on the bottom of the upper above the front wheel... I could be wrong but its not a bad idea anyway!

Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most people use either velcro strips or regular double-sided tape. Some peeps on the RC forum also use fishing line as a lanyard back-up.

How do you edit the video so it's right side up
cheers Tommy
It all depends on the video editing software that you're using. Look through the "help" section in the editor and see if it has a topic on it.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope to order mine tomorrow...
Here is how to set the time and date on teh #3 camera:

You first need to download the tag.txt file from teh site I listed previously.

Modify the tag.txt file with your date time. Use a text editor (like Windows notepad or equivalent) that will not corrupt the file. If you corrupt the file, the date time will not be set. To be accurate, the time in the files should be the future time when you will turn the camera on.
1. Connect the USB cable.
2. Copy the tag.txt file to the root of the camera drive. For example if you camera is "E:", then the root would be "E:\". The root is not in a folder.
3. Disconnect the USB cable.
4. Turn the camera off.
5. Turn the camera on. The camera reads tag.txt, sets the date time, and deletes the file.
6. Take a photo.
7. Connect the USB cable. Verify the date time on the JPG file.

Here is a youtube video showing how to remove the timestamp from your video using two programs: Logoaway and VirtualDub. It is amazing how popular this camera is for R/C airplanes and cars, bicyclists, motorcycles, etc.. and I had never heard of it before this post..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgw7SNooD8w

Adam

Quick Reply: $8 bike camera