Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

my vacation is at an end, pix by thurz

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my vacation is at an end, pix by thurz

Ughhh long ride and eventfull non-the-less

well as you know i went through tires at 230am thursday and thursday afternoon had to spend 500 on tires and an oil change. Well left friday at 130am and got about 150 miles away from destination when the bike begins acting stupid. I stop and check everything, nothing is wrong, so i jump back on and drive (still feels awkward). Stop at next city and took it to a shop where they played with it and said it was because the Air Filter is rigged up and it's restricting the air. I called them bull**** and left, that isnt going to effect the bike being bouncy in the rear. So i had a decision: 500 home or 150 miles there....so i went to the gap. That night i took it to Wheelers (PLUG) and he said the jets were screwed up but i'de need the OEM filter on it before he could really fix it. He said nothing he felt was really out of the norm in the rear end though. Rode the gap like 7-8 passes and what a BLAST. I WOULD RECOMMEND hitting Blood Mountain (farther back on 129 -- north from the gap). I somewhat liked that more then the gap because the crazy banked turns and the more gradual (sp) turns made it a bit more fun for me. Anywhoot i am on my 2nd pass going south on the gap and this car is behind me....i look back and it's in the grass stopped so i turn around and park on a sloped hill (bike falls over, lol) and he sits in his car for about 30 seconds and is like are you ok? YEAH if you'de help me lift this paper weight of a bike, so i get it up and said Are you ok? He says yes i just wanted to pull over. SUPER now i have no front brake lever because you thought it necessary to pull over. BACK to Wheelers and they're very helpful people, by the way. Just an FYI--places close at like 8pm (wtf!) Good thing i am like a bear in hibernation and dont need to eat every few hours cuz i would have starved, also you cant buy beer in that county. The ride home was fun MINUS the crazy *** wind in florida. Well now i have to rejet the bike, get new front brake pads, ordering a new K&N air filter, and probably a rear rotor. The rear bounces like a bouncy ball when i apply the brakes (kinda scary).

Drop film off yesterday so should have pics up by thursday night

1400 miles i think muscles sore

ps-my bookbag flew open on the way losing shoes, shirts, and phone charger which i didnt realize till i got to the hotel

Old 04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Default RE: my vacation is at an end, pix by thurz

lol.. sounds like one helluva trip! can't wait to see the pics and glad you made it there & back safely.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:50 PM

on the way there i left at 130am and got there at 6pm
on the way home i left at 9am and got home at 6pm

the difference is i went back highways via mapquest on the way there and on the way back i rode 75 from ATL

i'de recommend going the long way if you are coming from near the same direction as myself or at least hit up BLOOD MOUNTAIN because you'll fall in love with it!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you're back safely! Sounds like you still had a good time despite the few bumps along the way. Road trips are always an adventure, that's for sure!

I'm still getting ready for my trip up to the GAP next month..... less than a month away and I can't wait!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:59 PM

lol, my roommate walks inside the apartment from a whopping 200 mile round trip to the beach and back (all day so it's not like a 30min break and came home) and says I DONT SEE HOW THE HELL YOU DO IT, MY A$S HURTS SOOOO BAD

*rubs own a$$* yup still not right after this weekend but it builds character or calises (sp)

Tell you the worst part about these trips (backpack w/ added weight kills lower back and arms). Going to get another cargo net, best purchase ever, just havent got one for this bike yet ((world of difference))

Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 AM

Wow, what a trip...I haven't been brave enough to take one like that yet! Glad you made it safely...don't forget to post some pics for those of us that have to live vicariously through you!

Old 04-18-2006, 12:31 PM

oh man that sounds like a hell of a trip, glad you made it back safe and sound. looking forward to go out there at some point.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:43 PM

worthe the drive but not the extra wear and tear and the money that it's costing to fix it but now it's better so oh well

Defiantly recommend going, possibly during the week if you're just riding. I went on the weekend because i like taking pictures and that's exactly what i did most of the time. Would definatly recommend hitting up blood mountain (2hr drive one way but hella worth it due to banked turns and LESS traffic and you can drive faster)

+1 for wheeler's bike shop--friendly people, inexpensive service, and $20 dyno's If my bike was worth it, i'de have done it, but i gotta see some sad faces for people with bone stock bikes that didn't equal to what the magazines said (((05 ninja 10r or whatever 143hp in mag=167ish)))

+1 for Two Wheel Inn (www.twowheelinn.com) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It's like staying with your family, at least that's how they make you feel

+1 for the Deal's Gap Store--great food, great people (www.dealsgap.com)

-1 no alcohol and places close at 8 bring food or eat early

Old 04-21-2006, 04:02 PM

From easter weekend at the GAP in NC/TN

my shots http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...e/Deals%20Gap/

killboy shots http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Thomas%20GAP/

Old 04-24-2006, 04:13 PM

great pix man...looks like too much fun!