Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Hail to the Dragon!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hail to the Dragon!

Ok I went for a ride today and started on the Skyway from Tellico. I had only been to the second or third overlook previously. So I thought today that I would venture forth and continue on the road. [sm=yikesomg.gif]I started to get a little worried when I felt the cold wind nipping hard at my leathers trying to reach my skin. The fact that there was icicles hanging from the rocks on the side of the road didn't help much either! I trudged on and thought there is no way that I am riding back across that today! I knew that I could hit the Dragon somewhere on the other side and take it and eventually end up home. I thought I was lost and was trying to remember road numbers of a map that I had looked at like a month ago. I finally saw the Dragon sign. I pulled in and met this guy from Knoxville. I asked many questions and let him no that I have never ridden the beast. He was very helpful and told me to just take it easy and ride at my own pace. There would be plenty of time to push it later when I learned the nature of the beast. As we were standing there I heard something like all hell breaking loose! Looking up I saw 2 bikes shredding down by us. [sm=happy046.gif]Seeing that and hearing it really got my pulse going quicker! My new friend bid me farewell and set out on his quest. I suited up, took a deep breathe and set out on my own slaying mission. The first few turns I was going real easy, of course the suv in front of me helped. The suv stopped and let me by and I started to attempt my shredding session. Attempting to take those curves at some speed was intimidating. I was so excited and so full of adrenaline, that the rush caused me to push myself a little. Although when I went to down shift for a hard left hand turn and locked the rear wheel up, I quickly calmed myself and told myself to take it easy.[sm=oopssign.gif] I made it through unscathed and saw alot of bikes just flying. One day I will be able to do the same, but for now I am totally stoked, finally riding the Dragon! I can't believe that I live so close and have never ridden it. You can rest assured that it will see my red-n-white F4I many more times. I rode a little over 200 miles today and broke in my new 2pc suit right. Sorry this post is long but I am still excited. Ain't gonna be able to sleep for awhile![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10728/7A67AA11D59143B5BAB13201BC1EA87E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 PM
Default RE: Hail to the Dragon!

Dude...it's so great that you finally did it. I feel you excitement. I did the Dragon, for the 1st time, this past summer. I drove over, from NY, with a buddy of mine. I do was cautions and excited at the same time. It was worth it. Can't wait 'till I do it again next year!

Old 12-18-2006, 12:26 PM

Congrats, those leathers look familiar. I'll catch you in the spring time.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 PM

Congrats on ridin it....I have yet to experience it or long roads similar to it...... Living on long island sucks!! We have alot of good turns/roads but there not like that...im jealous you live so close!

ORIGINAL: mannyrios
. I did the Dragon, for the 1st time, this past summer. I drove over, from NY, with a buddy of mine. . . Can't wait 'till I do it again next year!
Where in NY are you??.....Im looking to go this Spring/summer myself (for the 1st time)
maybe we can get a lil group together to ride down there...John

Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 AM

Thanks! I think you was wanting to ask mannyrios that question. I live about 45 minutes from the Dragon down here in good ole TN. If you guys ever make it this way let me know and maybe we can hook up for a ride.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is awesome mang...i will do that run one of these days!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM

educate me here...what's this Dragon place?...

Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 PM

cksean just go to www.ridethedragon.com and browse around in there for specifics. It is one of the top premier spots to ride a sportbike! 318 curves within an 11 mile stretch if memory serves me right. Once you make the run it defenitely becomes an addiction! Check it out and let us know what you think about it.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 PM

hmmmm...
California to Tennessee...holy ****!!! i don't think that's going to happen...unless i can rent a bike up there...
one more question...are there any cops?...

Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 AM

There are some cops, but they tend to make a lot of noise in the press and go easy on the riders unless youare obvious and complete knucklehead.

The Dragon rocks. If you like that do the Blue Ridge Parkway from the beginning to up to about GrandFather Mountain... its AWESOME.

Quick Reply: Hail to the Dragon!