Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

does anyone do long distance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: does anyone do long distance?

Never seen those bags before - that's really cool!

Actually - we should start a gear thread, as we have probably individually tryed most gear out there.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok.. alittle bumpage.. i ride long distance.. and to be completely honest.. i dont camp that often (while on the bike) because i can afford to stay in hotels.. (not to mention i have a kazillion hilton honors points) and a full nights sleep is the most important factor when spending multiple full days on a 600RR..

but yes.. long trips i love.. i usually try to find obscure and strange **** to go look at in places im sure i will never stop in again..

Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 PM

I too have the desire to try this...even though most of the time I resent camping....mostly cause I suck at it (lack of pratice and good sleeping gear) and my friends choose to go at the most inopertune times of the year.

I've already put out feelers with my riding group and there was considerable aprehention (partially because of the dates I suggested).

Anyway I intend to try it in the coming months....

Old 01-24-2008, 01:37 PM

what do you consider long distance? more than 1,000?

Old 01-31-2008, 01:06 PM

i ride to work almost everyday(besides snowy season) ido 300-400 mile weekend rides. and do one camping road trip a year. mostly in N.C., or northern Ga. last season we rode 3200 miles in 5 days. did 800 the first from ohio to Ga. took 14 hrs. just picked up my 1krr end of season, got 900 miles in before the temp tags ran out and it snowed.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:13 PM

Im in the works of planning a 4,000 mile trip for this summer. Im going from NE and heading out to CO, UT, CA, AZ and back. Should be a killer time!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I LOVE long roadtrips!!! I try and do at least one week long, or two (or three)... and just go all over the place. Longest one was 5,126.3 miles over 18 days back in 2006. Last years was only about 3000 miles and only had 10 days. I haven't done the camping thing yet... I try and stay out of hotels but have stayed when needed. I usually find people along the way and stay with them as I pass through town. Great way to meet alot of new people from some of the forums too! But this summer I plan on doing alot of camping for weekend trips and whatnot. Not sure I'll be able to take any BIG roadtrips this year, since I have no vacation time with the new job and all, but I will be riding up to central Illinois in April when my sisters twins are born. That'll probably be the longest trip this year

Old 02-10-2008, 09:38 AM

been wanting to do an east coast road trip, from east texas straight out to the east coast north of florida, then head north along the coast hitting philly, boston, washington, ny city for sure. want to spend at least two days in each of those cities, but maybe four in washington. then i will head west through new york and hit niagra falls...continue west to see mt. rushmore, and then south till im back home. i was planning on doing this last year, when my friend backed out after i had bought my bike. i think its somewhere in the neighborhood of 5,000 miles. INTERESTED?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:08 AM

I would be, but like I said earlier, Im going out to CO, and CA, going to spend a night or two in vegas. Anyone interested??

Quick Reply: does anyone do long distance?