Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort for SALE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Default RE: Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort for SALE!!!

wonder how much they are asking? even with the cops there the last year or so, i bet they still made a nice profit. heck even if ya break even you still would live at deals gap!!

Old 04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Retired Administrator

That's one way to look at it, but I look at it like this:

Imagine taking your kids to Disney Land one year and they loved it. The next year all the rides are gone. That'd suck *****....

So does the Dragon now. My club still insists on going this year in May. It'll probably be my last trip for a while. I'd like to fun roads that are fun to ride without police harassment. Speeding tickets, reckless ops... I can understand them doing and say it's part of the game, but ticketing for plate mounts and singling out just because you're there... that's wrong. If I get a ticket while there, I'm heading to the hotel, picking up my gear and riding home on the spot.

Old 05-10-2008, 08:06 PM

I went to Deals Gap May 3rd-5th and I did not see one LEO the whole time I was there. Started riding in the mornings around 9am to about 5pm....

Old 05-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brad is selling it because him n his family want to be closer to a town/city/schools etc for the kids. Not because of the LEO. The Leo have been very respectful n courteous this year, they have wrote tickets to those who have deserved them but even they have stated they deserved it and the LEO werent dicks about it like last year.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Retired Administrator

I hope so. I'll be there May 30th. I'll have my update after that.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I read Bens daily (days he works) blog. Ben runs the store for Brad.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:16 PM

I will be there that same weekend. Maybe I will see you there.

I will send you a photo of the back of my bike- that way you might recognize me as I pass you by.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

[sm=joke.gif] this will be my first time there and I am not going to try to prove anything to anyone. I am just going to take it easy and enjoy the roads

Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Retired Administrator

If I see you there, I will be looking at the rear of your bike. If it's the same as last year for me, it's nothing but parade speed. The limit is 35mph and I think we were lucky to see 30 mph. A lot of traffic and a LEO every mile. I may be exaggerating a little, we did hit 40 mph for a few feet at times.

You can see what my bike looks like in my sig. I'll be wearing a white Teknic jacket and in a group of about 8 to 10 bikes. We plan on mostly riding the other roads in the area. We'll stop near the dragon and let those that haven't rode it make a couple of passes just to say they did. I'll wait for the feedback on the LEO before I go that day.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 AM

If I see you there, I will be looking at the rear of your bike. If it's the same as last year for me, it's nothing but parade speed. The limit is 35mph and I think we were lucky to see 30 mph. A lot of traffic and a LEO every mile. I may be exaggerating a little, we did hit 40 mph for a few feet at times.

You can see what my bike looks like in my sig. I'll be wearing a white Teknic jacket and in a group of about 8 to 10 bikes. We plan on mostly riding the other roads in the area. We'll stop near the dragon and let those that haven't rode it make a couple of passes just to say they did. I'll wait for the feedback on the LEO before I go that day.
You must rode it on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon which are the busiest days esp holidays. Ride it on a week day, or early morning and evening after the crowds die down. But there are def some other nice roads up there too.

Quick Reply: Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort for SALE!!!