Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

camal packs

Old 05-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camal packs

I got a question, im going to do a 400 mile road trip and i was wondering if anyone uses a camel pack when riding? can you get the tube in your mouth while riding so you dont have to stop along the way.. if you don't know what a camel pack is, here's a quick link http://www.camelbak.com.au/

i know i will be taking a couple of rest stops because of leg cramping and what not. but I like to drink alot of water (when you live in a desert, you got to haha).. well thanks in advance (if you got any Pro's or Con's on it maybe a referral on a brand)

Old 05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Default RE: camal packs

Yeah you can get it in your mouth while riding. There is a clip that holds the tube on your shoulder. I think. You just have to take a hand off the bike to put it in your mouth. My buddy uses one when we go out riding our dirt bikes and he has no problems. He even puyts mountain dew in it and it does not explode from shaking so much.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Default RE: camal packs

I wear a camelbak brand. A little more expensive than some of the cheaper brands, but have always held up quite well for me. I wear mine under my jacket on long rides and it also keeps my back cool.