Road Racing Tell your stories here.

What is a Fooshee?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is a Fooshee?

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

my only point is that, the manufacturers aren't going to want to go back to 750s, for everybody but Suzuki it means creating an entirely new bike just to race in AMA. Considering motorcycle racings lack of popularity over here, the chances of them doing that are virtually one, and honestly I like the 1000s as superbikes. Anything less than 1000s wouldn't really seem like "Superbikes" to me

Slipper clutches aren't going anywhere and TC is being used on the 600s in the FX class. Doesn't matter what type of bike your on, anything over 50cc will spin up the rear if you give it enough throttle in the corners. Ed Bargy (has raced pretty much anything and everything with wheels at just about every level) tells a story of a student of his that raced a Ninja 250 just a few years back. One of the things he was working with her for was controlling wheel spin on corner exits.
Ed Bargy...not surprisingly never heard of him. Have to look him up.

Hehe...personally...

I try not to spin the tires ever since I got off the dirt and onto the hard stuff.

EDITED...

Damn...OL' Ed has just about done it all...(designed Talladega...? )

His schools/Track Days are reasonable...

Old 07-13-2007, 11:44 AM

Ed does a school in the southeast
he teaches that if your not sliding and spinning a little your not going very fast

awesome guy, a little out there sometimes but pretty cool

Old 07-13-2007, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

Ed does a school in the southeast
he teaches that if your not sliding and spinning a little your not going very fast

awesome guy, a little out there sometimes but pretty cool
Yeah...it feels good when you get just the right throttle, exiting just the right corner...have that smooth rear glide coming into the good part of the powerband. Feels cool.

Still, a thing I try and avoid on the concrete.

Not a concious thing I guess you'd say. I'm still learning/practicing corner entry and mid-corner hanging off technique atm.

Haven't had time to power out of turn without thinking, "did I do that right?...faster than last time?"...etc.

A little out there 'eh...?

We'd get along then...hehe...

Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

also dont forget about R7 from yamaha http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_yzf-r7_2002.php

Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

also dont forget about R7 from yamaha http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/yamaha_yzf-r7_2002.php
Yeah that was the YZF Vance & Hines and Yamaha of course rolled out in late 1993 to replace the aging and acording to Collin "The Texas Tornado" Edwards. "ill-handling 0W-01".

It still didn't do any good against Doug Polen and Ferraci's Ducati's, but it got Collin a ride into the WSBK series along with Carl Fogarty, Scoitt Russell, etc.

Man, those were the days of AMA...Russell, Polen, Duhamel, James, Edwards racing at Laguna Seca, Brainerd, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta...

Best race I ever saw was Russell, Polen, and Duhamel, dueling going 3 wide through the corkscrew at Seca.