Road Racing Tell your stories here.

MotoGP Update***Interview with Nicky Hayden!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MotoGP Update***Interview with Nicky Hayden!!!

Original Post: "GAMBLER" R1-Forum

Interview: Nicky Hayden
2/4/2005
Courtesy of AMA Pro Racing

In a recent news release issued by AMA Pro Racing on the combined MotoGP/AMA Superbike event Nicky Hayden was inadvertently left off of the list of returning U.S. MotoGP riders. It was a simple editing error and AMA Pro Racing regrets the mistake.

Hayden, the 2002 AMA Superbike Champion, is obviously one of the big reasons many fans are looking forward to the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix on July 8-10, at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

The combined MotoGP/AMA Superbike event promises to be one of the biggest motorcycle racing events ever held in America. It's been nearly three years since Hayden raced in the U.S. and he's happy to be finally coming home to perform in front of home fans.

Of the four American riders currently competing in MotoGP he is the only former AMA Superbike Champion.

We caught up with the 23-year-old Hayden, who is also the youngest rider ever to win an AMA Superbike title, this week when he was home in Kentucky between a heavy schedule of a pre-season testing with the Repsol Honda squad. Larry Lawrence, the author of the original news release, confessed to Hayden his mistake of inadvertently leaving him off the Laguna Seca release. Hayden laughed and was very gracious in accepting Lawrence's apology.

Q: Nick, what's it going to mean to you to come back and race in America?

Nicky Hayden: I'm super excited about coming back. It's going to be a big honor to race the GP here in my home country. I think the home fans here are hungry to finally have a GP.

Q: How about the decision to bring the U.S.G.P. back to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca?

NH: I love Laguna. It's a great location for the fans and I've done well there in the past. If you're going to bring a lot of people from around the world to America you really couldn't pick a better place. I've heard a lot of work has gone into bringing the track up to MotoGP standards and hopefully all that work by Dorna and the track and everyone else involved will pay off.

Q: How strong is the support for an American round among the GP regulars?

NH: People are pumped about it. I think it's going to be a huge weekend. When I was in Malaysia it seems like the whole paddock is excited about coming to America. We go to a lot of countries that people don't look forward to going to I guess as much as America. There's a lot of racing history here and a lot of mystique about running at Laguna. This country has produced so many of the great riders over the years too. The mechanics and others riders stop me and want to know about Laguna and how far it is from different places. I think a lot of people plan on sticking around or coming early to do some sightseeing.

Q: Do you think America can match some of the other host countries of MotoGP in terms of general interest from racing fans and the media?

NH: I think so. I've heard the ticket sales are already strong. People watch some of our national races on TV and think that there aren't many fans of motorcycle racing. I know sometimes television doesn't do it justice and I've told those guys [his fellow MotoGP racers and team members] that some of the AMA races are pretty big. I think when they see the kind of crowd that shows up at Laguna that they'll know that we're into it just as much as most of the other countries we go to.

Another thing that American fans should love is getting to see the GP bikes up close and in person for the first time. They're pretty trick and the sound, the acceleration and braking, everything makes these bikes really neat to watch.

Q: What do you think of the idea of combining a MotoGP with an AMA Superbike Championship round?

NH: I think it's going to be good for the GP guys to get to see how strong AMA racing is firsthand. I mean they see

Old 03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Default RE: MotoGP Update***Interview with Nicky Hayden!!!

where is Hayden from do you know? Up by where i live there is a honda place called Hayden Honda.. hmm just thought i would ask

Old 03-16-2005, 04:03 AM
Default RE: MotoGP Update***Interview with Nicky Hayden!!!

Nicky Hayden:

Name: Hayden Nicky
Number: 69
Nationality :American
Birth place: Owensboro, Kentucky
Birthday: 30.07.1981.
Residence: Owensboro, Kentucky

ORIGINAL: CSweet98

where is Hayden from do you know? Up by where i live there is a honda place called Hayden Honda.. hmm just thought i would ask