CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Road Racing (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/)
-   -   MotoGP rider dies - RIP Marco Simoncelli (https://cbrforum.com/forum/road-racing-34/motogp-rider-dies-rip-marco-simoncelli-131806/)

CBRfenatic93 10-23-2011 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1108890)
its just pretty creepy now after reading this article the other day about baja racer rick huseman dying after the death of dan wheldon, that starts with " "If bad news comes in threes, we don't want to know when the other shoe will drop..."

Off-road racer Rick Huseman killed in plane crash

WOW thats crazy. Kinda how all those celebrities died back to back awhile back ago.

nickp123 10-23-2011 05:24 PM

yeah thats why i was pretty stunned when i saw this in the news today. that sentence/article was the first thing that came to my mind. then i was thinking about how it was like all those celebrities dying too. Crazy coincidences.

R Dub 10-23-2011 05:41 PM

i'm tired of people dying!

DRam 10-23-2011 08:10 PM

We all know how dangerous racing is, but still it's a blow when a rider / driver dies or is seriously injured in the sport. I, and perhaps all of us, have become used to seeing some horrific crashes and watching the rider get up and walk away. When one doesn't it takes away some of the joy of watching racing.

With a prayer for those close to Marco Simoncelli and Sam Wheldon.

voxtrox 10-23-2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaron (Post 1108833)
It didn't split in half but it did come off...

R.I.P Marco

i wonder if his helmet was actually to big. not sure how he got all that
hair in there if it fit perfectly.

R.I.P.

adrenalnjunky 10-23-2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by voxtrox (Post 1108935)
i wonder if his helmet was actually to big. not sure how he got all that
hair in there if it fit perfectly.

R.I.P.

One or two of the articles I read on the accident today mentioned that it was known he wore a helmet a full size larger than he would normally wear to accommodate his hair.

If there is any truth to it, that's really surprising to me that the FIM or his team would allow that.

It sucks cause it Marco's riding this year really looked like he had started to control alot of his fearless attitude that was getting him into accidents and upsetting other riders. Seemed like he was turning a big corner to more podium finishes.

R.I.P. "Sic"

BENNYCBR 10-23-2011 11:57 PM

+rip+
super sic. :(

BENNYCBR 10-24-2011 04:47 AM

Yeah so sad he was the next really big up and comer RIP to him and the motorcycle world has a big whole to fill now he certainly will be missed by all riders

amRRussel 10-24-2011 07:13 AM

Amazing rider. RIP :(

Conrice 10-24-2011 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
amazing kid. that's a huge loss for motogp, honda, and the whole motorcycling world.

Attachment 43480