Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

What do I do if...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was riding my F2 before the wreck, I was having to pop the clutch because my rectifier was/is still shorting my batteries, and sometimes the engine would die as I was slowing down for a light, so I'd have to re-pop the clutch, and at times, I'd have to down-shift to pop it, which locked my rear up, and the first time I did it, it scared me a bit, but after a while I got used to it, it'd lock up for like... 5 feet-ish, and then pop back in straight, I was pretty okay with that, as far as rear locking, I don't ever brake in turns unless it's VERY light, on my rear, but if you're coming to a stop at a light, then hell, go at it.

Which brings me to something interesting, but I am really loving how on the new RR's they came out with the ABS, that should become standard if you ask me, it'd make all of us so much safer.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I don't really get it- If you're really stopping at MAXIMUM power, you're transferring most (if not all) of the weight to the front tire. I've practiced some panic stops from 70mph-0, and if you're careful about how fast you apply the front brake, you can really load up the weight on the front end. That means you can apply more braking force without locking it up. Once all the weight is up front, the rear has no weight bearing down on it and ANY force on the rear brake will lock it up.

I would think that if you can use any rear brake at all it means that you're not braking hard enough for the front end to load up all the way.