CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   Tough Times = Tight Enforcement (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/tough-times-tight-enforcement-124176/)

regener8ed 04-19-2011 10:23 PM

Tough Times = Tight Enforcement

Just a friendly reminder that the man is looking for ways to improve cash flow. I've seen and heard this from multiple sources over the past year or two with increasing frequency. (Dad got pinched yesterday on the way to work.) Stay aware and ride safe!

revilingfool 04-19-2011 11:43 PM

werd

karl10250 04-19-2011 11:43 PM

"It's almost $500 and I have three kids right now," said Jesus.... OMG.. Jesus has children?!??!!!

But in all seriousness this is ridiculous. my college is doing crap like this with their tickets. its a 50 dollar ticket to park in the wrong parking lot or park somewhere without a parking pass. and its 75 dollars to back into a meter spot in my town.. I did a paper about it and they started the meter fee back in the day so people wouldnt damage the meters but the price has gone up a lot. as for the campus thats just nucking futs. there is no reason to charge that much for that. as for local pd here they havnt done much that I have noticed but most of the places around me are easily considered small. I have started to notice a drastic increase in speed traps and stuff though so I am sure it is coming

yumoncbr 04-20-2011 03:17 AM

Near end of the month, if cops here didn't meet quota, they tend to set up speeding traps. Also our city has stupid parking rules on city street that you cannot leave your car more than 24 hours. So they can give ticket for these too. ticket prices are increasing more and more each year

amRRussel 04-20-2011 07:05 AM

Fine prices may be on the rise but the myth about meeting quota's each month is just that, a myth. I have friends here on the Clarion PD and PA State Trooper payroll and they both said neither department has "quota's" to fill or meet each month. However, that doesn't mean that the more they fine the more the department gets paid. Prices are going to go up across the board just like in '08 when the country started the downward spiral, hopefully the tail spin is straightened out before too much damage is done. Prime example is the gas prices they haven't been close to this high since '08, at least around these parts. Next will be produce going up because it takes fuel to transport etc, etc, etc... we all know how it works. Ok I'm done, TTFN. :icon_beamme:

comodidit 04-20-2011 11:32 PM

This winter was the first time the city has ticketed for on street parking during winter.

On the books there is no on-street parking in neighborhoods from the first snow until April 1st, so that the snow plows can get the roads clear.

Normally, as long as there's no snow, they don't ticket. This year, in one night, with no snow on the ground, no snow predicted, and temps around 60 degrees they ticketed more than 300 cars across the entire town in one night. They just went up and down every single street and wrote tickets to every car. The tickets are 150$.

People got PISSED, but the PD refused to back down, and because the law was on their side nobody could do anything about it.

mchl_daly 04-21-2011 02:16 AM

We have mobile speed cameras out here. They are small suv's and vans that are decked out with cameras and radar. they just park them in random spots and at the end of the day download the pictures and send you a ticket in the mail. They also have the speed cameras mounted at the big intersections. $75 each time.

adrenalnjunky 04-22-2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel (Post 1041691)
Fine prices may be on the rise but the myth about meeting quota's each month is just that, a myth. I have friends here on the Clarion PD and PA State Trooper payroll and they both said neither department has "quota's" to fill or meet each month. However, that doesn't mean that the more they fine the more the department gets paid. Prices are going to go up across the board just like in '08 when the country started the downward spiral, hopefully the tail spin is straightened out before too much damage is done. Prime example is the gas prices they haven't been close to this high since '08, at least around these parts. Next will be produce going up because it takes fuel to transport etc, etc, etc... we all know how it works. Ok I'm done, TTFN. :icon_beamme:

Quotas got these guys a pretty decent payday:

Traffic cops sue LAPD over illegal ticket quotas | Hell for Leather

I have several cop friends, even in situations where there is no stated "quota" you are still evaluated against your peers, and if the department citation average is significantly higher than your own, you betcha the captain is going to have a talk with you about it.

nickp123 05-26-2011 07:38 AM

like 2-3 years ago nj made the staties go on a speeding ticket frenzy for a month to increase the state revenue. They had to pull some over or give someone a ticket like every 8 minutes or something it was insane. There were cops all over the highways pulling people over for anything they could. The state made like 2 million or something ridiculous from all the tickets that month.

MZ5 05-27-2011 03:43 PM

Ticket quotas are unquestionably real, and very significant, whether they're explicitly stated as quotas or not.

Comodidit, I find that kind of thing frustrating, and I've always thought that judges who allow those fines to stand are part of the revenue machine. I have no problem with that ordinance, but that kind of enforcement tactic is purely for the money.