Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Start the season right... SLOWLY

Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Default Start the season right... SLOWLY

Riding season is beginning for many. Or about to start. Already I know of:
  • 2 Panigales totalled
  • 2 local deaths

4 separate incidents. All appear to be Rider Error. If you're not a year round rider, potentially there's rust on just more than the cheap screws on your bike. You may need a minute to refresh your muscle memory.

Also roads may not be in the best condition either. Road crews haven't been really repairing the roads during the winter. All they've been doing is applying band-aids until the weather is conducive for actual road work.

Trust me, I KNOW the temptation to cut loose the second the engine starts right now. Even gimped by the manufacturer, Sersi (yes, I spelled her name correctly) is extremely formidable. But it's not worth shortening the season, potentially my life, to go hit the streets at full sprint. In fact think of it just like any exercise you do.

If you warm up before exercising to avoid injury, shouldn't you do the same with riding?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM

Nope, started with a track day and got one coming up on Monday. WHERE YOU AT DAMON!?!? WHERE YOU AT?!?!!?!?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM

This guy lost his spleen, Ray. If you want to bag on me cause you don't like how I ride my ride, fine. But others need to take the warning a bit more seriously.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
  • 2 Panigales totalled
  • 2 local deaths

4 separate incidents. All appear to be Rider Error. If you're not a year round rider, potentially there's rust on just more than the cheap screws on your bike. You may need a minute to refresh your muscle memory.

Also roads may not be in the best condition either. Road crews haven't been really repairing the roads during the winter. All they've been doing is applying band-aids until the weather is conducive for actual road work.

Trust me, I KNOW the temptation to cut loose the second the engine starts right now. Even gimped by the manufacturer, Sersi (yes, I spelled her name correctly) is extremely formidable. But it's not worth shortening the season, potentially my life, to go hit the streets at full sprint. In fact think of it just like any exercise you do.

If you warm up before exercising to avoid injury, shouldn't you do the same with riding?
Wise words, as this is my 1st season anyway I'm already taking things easy

Old 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM
June 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post
  • 2 Panigales totalled
Make that 3
Ridiculous accident on lonsdale

Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 AM

Make that 4! I goofed too!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-membe...wkward-146546/

I got lucky though, now I know to be more careful.