CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   Special "Thanks" to those with experience who share... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/special-thanks-those-experience-who-share-148179/)

jmeekman 07-24-2013 01:36 PM

Special "Thanks" to those with experience who share...

Hey Everyone!

I really just wanted to take a minute to say a big "Thank You" to all of the great members on here who have had years of riding experience and have taken the time to share that experience with those of us who are really just getting started.

This last weekend I completed my MSF class here in MA so that I can get my full fledged "M" endorsment on my license. Up til now I have just been in "permit" land. So now night riding and passengers are both fair game for me :) (might be a bit longer before I'm ready for passengers though)

What I want to say though, is that in my class I was able to 100% both the written AND riding evaluations. I am not saying this to brag, I am saying it to pass on my sincere thanks, becuase the correct riding skills that I have learned here on the forum by reading countless threads were really what earned me those scores.

Cornering tecniques, stopping quickly, counter-steering... you name it, I learned it here and put it to use in the last year during my rides. I feel it's made me a safer and smarter rider. Then when it came time to put them to use in the MSF class, I was confident and that made all the difference.

So to everyone who posts, thank you for actually making the internet a useful tool, and for all the new comers, take a good look through the riding skills section... and practice the techniques you read about, the skills learned will be invalueable.

The MSF class was a great experience that I would suggest to any new riders as well.

Have a great day all!

Misti 08-09-2013 11:12 PM

Awesome! So great to hear! Well done on the tests and thanks for sharing this :) Happy riding!!

Misti

Sickler 09-12-2013 07:33 PM

Great to hear you did the MSF course. 100%? I'm jealous lol

kilgoretrout 09-12-2013 08:59 PM

You're welcome. :D

Inferno_Libtech 09-13-2013 03:14 PM

+1

I learned quite a bit from what I have read here and applied to the road. I would grill my friends with "what is this counter steering I keep hearing about?!" and never got a straight understanding until I read a post here.

Took my MSF class through ironstone ventures in MA in April of this year. 98% on written test, %100 on riding test! I attribute a ton to what I have studied on here from people who have ridden for years and years.

I bought my first bike in February, and I have crossed the 5,000 mile mark for miles ridden since I bought it. This old 96 CBR900RR keeps on chugging (for the most part...).

74demon 09-13-2013 03:21 PM

Someday down the road, someone new to the whole motorcycle thing will have the same questions you did. Be sure to return the favor by offering them good, sound advice based on what you have learned from here and in your travels.