Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

Riding in the Fog

Old 08-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Default Riding in the Fog

Noob rider question. Rode to work this morning in the fog (light-medium density) and noticed that I had to continually wipe my visor with my glove to remove the moisture condensation. Any secrets on how to minimize or prevent the moisture buildup? thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned

I treat the front of my visor with rain-x which helps a bit. Applying 3-4 coats does the trick for the most part.
If it keeps building moisture the safest thing to do is flip up the visor.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM

I live right on the river and have to deal with this every morning. I have yet to find a way to solve it completely but the only things i have found to work is one stay down behind the windshield so as to keep most of the dew off your visor. This only works for awhile and then the dew overcomes.

Another trick is to turn your head up or down or right or left. Because the direct front is what gets covered, so you can turn your head to the side and the sides will be clearer.

After that quits working then I just deal with it and try to see through it. I know its not safe, but i reduce speed and squint. lol

Then if it gets bad enough that that doesn't work, I just flip it up.....

Luckily I only have about a 10 min drive to work.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by kazspeed View Post
I treat the front of my visor with rain-x which helps a bit. Applying 3-4 coats does the trick for the most part.
If it keeps building moisture the safest thing to do is flip up the visor.
Works on windshields, why not visors? I'll pick up a bottle, Thanks.

Originally Posted by pittsm View Post
I live right on the river and have to deal with this every morning. I have yet to find a way to solve it completely but the only things i have found to work is one stay down behind the windshield so as to keep most of the dew off your visor. This only works for awhile and then the dew overcomes.
I had a feeling that there were only partial solutions. Maybe one of these days.... Thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I have heard that Rain-X will damage the anti-scratch coating on the outside of our visors.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned

I doubt it...

Last edited by kazspeed; 08-18-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Edit for the win!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman View Post
I have heard that Rain-X will damage the anti-scratch coating on the outside of our visors.
Email inquiry sent to Rain-X; will post the response.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

All it is is wax...basically....so if anything it would prob help protect it.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 PM

the care instructions on my helmet specifically mentioned not to use windex. Supposed to break down the plastic over time. Said soap and water only. Don't remember if it mentioned rain-x or not.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Banned

Looked at mine and it didn't...someone prove me wrong!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Riding in the Fog

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.