Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

New to forum, new to riding...mental control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Downhill left turns.. Ugh lol. I'm so much more confident when it's sunny out but as soon as the roads seem damp.. Yeah I get a bit nervous

Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jveach

there is a video...

this is what can happen when you over ride your skill level

BAM! Man, that truck driver barely had time to lift his foot, no way he could have done anything to avoid that... That's exactly what I'm worried about could happen to me, and I don't even speed that much... I just can't seem to find trust into my tires, and have gone some blind corners wide when trying to avoid potholes, sand and leaves... He was just going way too fast...

Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by estate4life
Haha.... Same here....especially down hill left cornering, I lean more conservatively. Right corners no problem. Guess I'm a righty
i am the opposite, i feel much more comfortable putting the bike onto its left side then the right

Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here... Somehow I fear that the can would hit the ground or something even though that should be virtually impossible... Can`t circle right on skates either, only left...

Old 02-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right now my tires are showing that I lean further to the right... but it's an illusion.

I'm still getting used to the BMW. Lack of consecutive riding days. But the chicken strips are smaller on the right than the left, with tiny areas where the wear has gone to the edge. But I said it's an illusion, right? My body positioning is better to the left so the bike doesn't have to lean as much.

Work on getting comfortable and stable in the saddle. With good body positioning, left / right won't matter. Pay attention to how you're positioned when taking a turn in the direction you favor. Then try to get in a similar position on your weak side. When you're comfortable with your position, feeling locked onto your bike, you'll find yourself thru the 'weak side' turn before you have a chance to get uncomfortable