Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

How do you handle tailgaters?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been hit with a helmet on.. once some hits you, then grabs a hold of your helmet they can jerk you around until you lose your balance.. but then you get out of the helmet and its *** kicking time

Not gonna say thats the way to settle things though. I came around a turn the other day and a car was IN MY LANE (completely) i went off the road and almost hit a boulder. I turned around and followed him but then settled down, its not worth the time. It was worth the call to the sheriff's department though

Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally brake check them, I know it's horrible, but I can brake and take off faster than most cars :P.

Plus, it's usually business men thinking they're king of the world, or some diva in her tank on her cell phone.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
I normally brake check them, I know it's horrible, but I can brake and take off faster than most cars :P.

Plus, it's usually business men thinking they're king of the world, or some diva in her tank on her cell phone.
I hope you are not older than 18, because this is the most STUPID thing I have heard all day. You think brake checking a bigass suv is going to prove a point? Your going to end up underneath the car dead you idiot

Old 08-20-2010, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by hparker619
well one way i stop them is hold up my .357 and they back wayyyyyyyyy off and the other is my car
whoa.....

Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by rastaman036
yea i wish we could openly carry in alabama ..without a doubt we have curious individuals here anyway..give em a license..deadly..

http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html

umm we are open carry, you need a CC license to have it on the bike with you, but you can leave it in the open if you wanted

Old 09-04-2010, 05:36 PM

carry a bunch of nails or tacts in your pocket - (dont seriously do it)

but if someone can really keep up with me (which is about the same chance my guardian angel can keep up) I usually just let them "deal" with me being infront of them. If it becomes more of a sticky situation, I will bolt out of there ASAP. I'm sorry but if a cop is telling me im speeding, im just going to come back with "im just trying to get away from all the ********"

brake checking on a motorcycle is a "no-no" you have a better chance with giving the guy behind you the "bird" for more of a result. Look out for #1 out there, and that's YOU - because they sure dont care about you (besides other riders that happen to be in a vehicle)

also invest into a helmet camera or rear-view onboard camera. now a days, you need so much proof to show that your right in a situation. (just my 2 cents)

Last edited by Vermino; 09-04-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Banned

I have to say it's better to create some distance,i think we can all agree they are usually easy to spot so dont give em the time to do something stupid

Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vermino
carry a bunch of nails or tacts in your pocket - (dont seriously do it)

but if someone can really keep up with me (which is about the same chance my guardian angel can keep up) I usually just let them "deal" with me being infront of them. If it becomes more of a sticky situation, I will bolt out of there ASAP. I'm sorry but if a cop is telling me im speeding, im just going to come back with "im just trying to get away from all the ********"

brake checking on a motorcycle is a "no-no" you have a better chance with giving the guy behind you the "bird" for more of a result. Look out for #1 out there, and that's YOU - because they sure dont care about you (besides other riders that happen to be in a vehicle)

also invest into a helmet camera or rear-view onboard camera. now a days, you need so much proof to show that your right in a situation. (just my 2 cents)
This happened to me a two weeks ago as I just got off the highway and saw two lanes merging.. the right one was empty and I was slowly going 10 mph to merge. As I was merging I could notice this lady in a civic was not going to let me merge in as we inched closer to one lane. She was pretty damn close to left side of my rear so I was like ..... are u kidding me?! I kept on merging since I was at the end and I finally was like **** THIS. I looked back at the lady and gave her the bird, i motioned her to come and hit me since the bitch was all pissed off. I noticed her getting on my ***. At the time I didnt have my camera mounted inside my helmet otherwise I would have recorded the situation and the license plate and submitted it to the cops. I mean I know they see a sport bike rider going SLOW but do I really have to have an aggressive driver trying to kill me for being at the speed limit? Unfortunately my camera is being sent back to Nikon to be fixed so lately I have encountered 2 incidents that would have been awesome for the cops. I think I should be friends w/ the local police departments so they know I am advocating for my life by showing the evidence on my camera

Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 PM

For tailgaters..I usually just tap the brakes...then they get the idea to back off..

Quick Reply: How do you handle tailgaters?