CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   Hands vibrate after a long ride (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/hands-vibrate-after-long-ride-140292/)

Michaud85 07-16-2012 12:57 PM

Hands vibrate after a long ride

Anyone here ever go on a really long ride and find that after you take your gloves off and tap your hands against your legs or something it feels like they vibrate like a cell phone for a moment each time you tap them.

happens to me pretty regularly haha its kind of fun.

gotcbr 07-16-2012 01:14 PM

You are supporting your body w/ your arms/hands too much on the bars. Try to use your core to support your body instead. This will allow your arms/hand to relax.

vfrman 07-17-2012 02:04 AM

And also grip the bar like you are holding a capri sun and trying to stick the straw in it. If you have the kung-fu grip you will squirt that drink all over the place. A nice gentle grip will help with feedback from the front end and fight off fatigue as well.

CTcbr929 07-17-2012 07:43 AM

I bought some weighted bar ends from e bay they weigh about 9 oz each?

Really helps reduce the vibrating in the bars.

Mattson 07-17-2012 08:16 AM

Hehe, kung fu-grip...laugh of the day, although guilty... I have those stock bar ends but they do little good, I've been trying to get them off, but they just spin endlessly inside the bar, and I was told the rubber part inside the tube has propably hardened and is letting vibration through and not letting the weight out. Gotta try to remember to whack them off with a slidehammer coming weekend and replace the rubbers. Two of the outest fingers in my right hand always go numb when I ride, and that is aggravating as hell...

gotcbr 07-17-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mattson (Post 1177864)
... I have those stock bar ends but they do little good, I've been trying to get them off...

You'd be surprised what good they actually do. ;-)

Mattson 07-17-2012 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1177921)
You'd be surprised what good they actually do. ;-)

Yes, I know, but:

I've been trying to get them off, but they just spin endlessly inside the bar
thus there is slack between the weight and the handle tube, and the weight vibrates inside the handle. Right is worse. When 100% they do wonders, no way I`m ever riding without,have tried, but now they need a little TLC...

zaqwert6 07-17-2012 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman (Post 1177835)
And also grip the bar like you are holding a capri sun and trying to stick the straw in it.

That's why I stopped drinking capri-sun.....kept blinding myself.

young7.3 07-24-2012 08:31 PM

Mine do it too

CJardine 07-25-2012 01:04 AM

you know, when I switched to hollow clip-ons I never noticed the vibrations any more. Maybe cuz I worked really heard at staying relaxed.