CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   Communicating with Passenger (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/communicating-passenger-138043/)

Wisconsin 05-13-2012 03:36 PM

Communicating with Passenger

So I'm just starting to get comfortable with taking my girlfriend on longer rides as well as on the freeways and such.

The other day we were riding and her helmet was coming off or something... Anyways, she starts tapping on me at random and moving around a lot.
I tried talking to her, that didn't work, and wasn't safe. So I just figured I would pull over and ask her what was wrong.

This made me decide that we need some signals for each other....I have gone with.

2 taps on ME= pull over NOW
3 taps on ME= pull over at next exit
2 taps on HER= hold on tight, about to do some shifty maneuvering:icon_clapclap:

Can anyone think of any other signals that might be important/usefull? Or give your 2 cents on how you communicate with your passenger. Would be much appreciated!

Wisconsin 05-13-2012 09:10 PM

no one?

tchyclutch7 05-13-2012 09:46 PM

Or u could just get the in helmet headset and talk to each other... Unless the point of going for a ride Is having to not hear her talking :)

redbaron1728 05-13-2012 10:18 PM

Helmet to helmet walkie talkies

Wisconsin 05-13-2012 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by redbaron1728 (Post 1159566)
Helmet to helmet walkie talkies

Would I have to buy helmets that come with these already installed, or can they be aftermarket ?

Chrisb319 05-13-2012 10:37 PM

Motorcycle Helmet Intercoms & Bluetooth Communications - RevZilla

There ya go.

My helmet doesn't have a bluetooth set up but there is a duct system for an earpieve is I wanted one.

Wisconsin 05-16-2012 02:35 AM

thats a little out of my price range haha. Plus she wouldn't shut up :) I just mean signals for saftey reasons

City Bike Racing 05-16-2012 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin (Post 1160396)
Plus she wouldn't shut up

:icon_clapclap::icon_jammin:
you could just come of with your own signals that you two come up with.

CaBeR6 05-20-2012 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by tchyclutch7 (Post 1159558)
Or u could just get the in helmet headset and talk to each other... Unless the point of going for a ride Is having to not hear her talking :)

lol lol

CaBeR6 05-20-2012 08:08 PM

I dont take passnges often and because of that I have a cover for passenger a part of seat

When i do take one i say to them squeeze legs twice to slow down
tap left leg twice to stop with there leg
same thing but right leg to speed up

reason i get them to use legs is so that they still have hands on grab rail

I someone that once and it was there first time on a bike and regeted not telling them to lean ith me as i thought we would neve get around foist round about we came to but just managed it by staying up right

As for using a comuication device no use with me as I have 40% loss of hearing and becaus eof that always use ear plugs