Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

2018 Goals?

Old 01-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Goals?

What do you plan on working on (in terms of riding) in 2018? Do you have any trips, adventures, track days, schools planned and if so, what are they?

I'll be coaching with the California Superbike School several times this year again and also mini racing my Kayo locally when timing allows.

And I'm hoping to attend another Leod Escapes tour with track time, this year in Spain!!

Old 01-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I plan on shedding a few winter pounds. That should make a difference in my technique a little.

No big trips or track days planned, but I would like to go play in the higher elevations of southern California a bit more than years past. I got some very nice low canyons that I frequent, but I need a change of scenery.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
I plan on shedding a few winter pounds. That should make a difference in my technique a little.

No big trips or track days planned, but I would like to go play in the higher elevations of southern California a bit more than years past. I got some very nice low canyons that I frequent, but I need a change of scenery.
Nice. Is there a specific riding technique that you are hoping to improve upon?

Old 01-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Misti
Nice. Is there a specific riding technique that you are hoping to improve upon?
Not really. I think my technique is pretty decent for the canyon roads that I ride on. I'm sure I could get a bit lower and slide the corners more, but that's not a good idea on the streets with all the hazards.

I have been trying to match my revs when downshifting a bit more lately. I will probably try to nail that more and carry higher rpms into the corners.

Old 01-15-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Not really. I think my technique is pretty decent for the canyon roads that I ride on. I'm sure I could get a bit lower and slide the corners more, but that's not a good idea on the streets with all the hazards.

I have been trying to match my revs when downshifting a bit more lately. I will probably try to nail that more and carry higher rpms into the corners.
Just winding why you'd like to "slide the corners more"? And I'm glad that you recognize that the street is not a good place to try that

Old 01-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn’t do enough miles last year, I had an small operation which took me out of action for about 8 weeks so I missed the end of the riding season. The winter here in UK has been a bad one, very cold and damp so mainly wet, greasy and salty roads. Both bikes have under covers for months now.

So this year my goals are just to make an effort and ride more, I have some jobs planned for both bikes, but nothing major. I’d also like to do a weekend trip away with some pals.

Old 01-21-2018, 08:36 PM

Get full bike license - happening Feb 5. Get the CBR from my friend, ride without fear or random checks. Take my time getting used to it, so lots of riding. Mainly low speed, emergency braking etc because its heavier than what I'm used to. By end of the year have it all nice and shiny.