Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.
View Poll Results: What gear do you ride with?
Alpinestars
28.57%
Icon
12.24%
Joe Rocket
10.20%
Other
48.98%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of gear do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 07:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scorpion, IMO, makes the best gear for women at a lower price point.. Lots of nice features, extremely well made, no complaints.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:22 AM

I've had three scorpion helments and love the cost to quality ratio.
For my jacket I've recently switched from Icon to Shift, not that I hated the Icon, just got a good deal on the new one
Also using Shift street boots
Last season I ran a $80 pair of alpinestars gloves and have to stay I was not very happy with the quality, I didn't even get a full season's use out of them and got a decent size rip between the thumb and index finger.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daniels
Joe Rocket Jacket,Joe Rocket Gloves,HJC Helmet,Jeans and of course.... My Tim's(Actual Riding boots coming soon)
Hey Daniel, I'm curious about the boots post up some pics when you get them. I know timsboots make cowboy boots but I didn't know they had riding boots. Johnnyh

Old 02-22-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyh
Hey Daniel, I'm curious about the boots post up some pics when you get them. I know timsboots make cowboy boots but I didn't know they had riding boots. Johnnyh
No they don't make riding boots as far as I know, thats just what I've been wearing lol. So far they have been great for work and when I go out riding. The pic at the bottom is the kind of Tim's I've been rockin.
Saving up for some sidi's as we speak.

Attached Thumbnails What kind of gear do you prefer?-mytims.jpg  
Old 02-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Voted "Other" due to no particular preference.

I've got a mix of A*, Icon, Frank Thomas, Scorpion, Joe Rocket, maybe some others I can't even recall right now. I've never found anything within a particular brand that would make me always favor one over the other in a generic sense; each piece is evaluated on an individual basis, and I've never been impressed with the notion that one brand holds a distinct edge in Quality or Value over every other in every case.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 AM

scorpion holeshot jacket,shoie rf400 lid, alpinestars octane gloves, rock solid diehard laceup boots...and got to have my eclips wintergreen chewing gum-a must have peice of gear

Old 02-22-2011, 10:27 AM

I've had two ICON jackets(a leather and a textile) and a Joe rocket jacket (textile, crash tested). I've since sold the icons (decent quality but I didn't need them.)

Also have had a couple of scorpion helmets and an ICON helmet. Didn't like the ICON.

I voted other because the cost/quality ratio is outstanding and asked my favorite gear it's going to be scorpion hands down. Can't wait to get a nice scorpion leather.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:03 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Im a Dianese and A* fan but Ill never be able to afford either...

oh well

im at the point where ide take any gear haha....

Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 AM

I am A*s all the way. Craigslist has been good to me and I've been able to piece together all my gear for under $500.

RC-1 jacket, track leather pants, SMX 5 boots, GP plus gloves.

Next week I'm picking up their Argon WP textile jacket and Edge Drystar pants. I'm sticking with A*s as I can connect the jacket and pants. I will be able to do a mix o textile and leather if I feel like it.

I like that all the gear is made to work together for a seamless fit.

Going lid shopping next month. Will probably stick to Scorpion as it is a good fit for me. At some point I'd like to step up to an Arai or Shoei.

Last edited by ko67; 02-22-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moved to Riding Gear

Other: Dainese. My boots and jacket have held up fantastically (my old Icon's snaps didn't last a wearing), their gear looks fantastic and though I've never personally tested it in a crash plenty of racers have.

Quick Reply: What kind of gear do you prefer?