Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Want to Know About: Set Up boots

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to Know About: Set Up boots

has anyone purchased any Set Up Boots or used them or even seen them? specifically the Grand Prixs. from what i've read they are from the same guys who make Sidi only much cheaper since they don't advertise etc.

anyway here's what newenough.com said about them if you are interested.

"Setup is an Italian designed boot being imported to the US by the same folks that bring us Sidi boots. The construction of the boots is very similar in appearance and construction to other top brands we carry, but the emphasis on these boots will be to offer the same quality boot at a lower price. To do this, Setup is marketing without the use of major endorsements and expensive advertising, but rather they are relying on features, quality and price alone. Will it work? Who knows, but we feel this boot offers very good value for the money. The Gran Prix H20 is a waterproof sport/street design with protective features in all the right areas (see list above). To make the boot comfortable for street riding, the soles are slightly more substantial than racing boots, so they provide some cushion and support (rather than being a thin hard rubber). The closure zipper is well made and the Velcro closure over the zipper makes them very secure. Like other Italian designs, this boot is made of a synthetic leather. Sidi and Alpinestars use Lorica brand material, but this boot uses a similar non-branded material... again, to keep the cost down. To me, the look and feel is identical. This boot uses a "Tepor" lining (similar product as Gore-Tex) to provide the waterproof feature. This is the same brand material used in Sidi waterproof boots (no good generic waterproof lining materials I guess ."

i can get them for a bit less then this but i was just curious to hear if anyone had heard anything about them. thanks in advance.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Default RE: Want to Know About: Set Up boots

Thats a negative, have never heard of these.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:25 PM

I have no experience with Setup boots, however I've purchased through newenough.com and was referred to them by a couple of other guys that love the site - actually they won't stop talking about it. I'd trust that the boot write up is spot on without trying to over-sell to you. You just need to weigh whether that's the boot you want. Personally, I think they look pretty darn good for the price and seem very functional, but I'm not looking for a waterproof boot. I'd be looking for something with a little venting and some toe sliders, but to each his own...

Old 06-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they look good, and you can trust New enough, done lots of biz, w/ 'em. There comments, are trustworthy. I have sidi corsa's and verts... they are warm(hot), even the corsa's, w/ venting. Make sure, you don't want(need) perforateds, first. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 06-12-2006, 01:41 PM

yeah i'd like something with a toe slider myself. venting is an issue but so is waterproofing seeing i do a lot of commuting on my bike and plan to ride regardless of weather. so i'd like both but i doubt i get both in a boot without spending $300. i have recently purchased a few things from new enough and really like their site. very informative and helpful and the prices are great.

so for now...the search continues.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased the Setup Vision last week. Awaiting shipping. I'll keep you informed.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:51 PM

ya, i have been riding with the setup Visions for the last 2 months and they rock. They are super comfortable and for $120 you can't go wrong. btw i live in TX and even at 100 degrees outside they are still really comfortable

Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: IrideHONDA

ya, i have been riding with the setup Visions for the last 2 months and they rock. They are super comfortable and for $120 you can't go wrong. btw i live in TX and even at 100 degrees outside they are still really comfortable
Do you have any experience with any other boot?

Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM

i rode with O'neal offroad boots for a while cuz that was all i had, and the setup visions are amazing compared to those. i've tried on a-stars and frank thomas and i really like the setup still, so hope that helps. for the price and the peace of mind knowing that your foot isn't going to get severed in an accident! you can't beat the visions

Old 06-17-2006, 07:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Iride... I look EXACTLY like your photo, ride'n, since I took off the red headlight stripes off my black and white 94 1000f (oreo) !!!!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Quick Reply: Want to Know About: Set Up boots