Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Teknic leather jackets???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teknic leather jackets???

I have been looking for a leather jacket for a while now and trying to find the perfect one for me....I read a lot about Dainese, Rocket, and Alpinestar.
I have come across a Teknic Chicane leather jacket. I never hear or read anything about this brand of jacket...
Does anyone have any input, reviewsor experience??? It's a good looking jacket and it's perforated with armor...the only thing I can find that it doesn't have is the removable liner...
You can get them on ebay for 250-290 bucks...

Old 02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Default RE: Teknic leather jackets???

check out this review -> http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...t--610221.html

I don't know about the Chicane, but I purchased a Teknic Impulse jacket (review here) just before Christmas and it's been great. It has a removable liner (which I never wear being the coldest day here since I bought it was 17C), and on hot days when you're moving the airflow is excellent. There is also back armor which is a bonus, without being bulky so you can wear the jacket off the bike as well. All the armor is also removable so it can be made much more casual very easily, plus the armor does make it a bit more hot, so if you're just cruisin around town on a hot day you can leave the armor at home. Overall the stitching seems pretty good, I've never had a problem - no loose threads or anything. Only 1 complaint - there is no inside pocket - but this is pretty minor really.

Compared with other jackets I've work (Alpine Stars, Icon, Dianese), I've found this one to be great.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 PM

i have a chicane jacket, might be for sale. the jacket is great. vents very well, almost as well as mesh. but with much better armor. the fit and finish is good. as good as the first gear, and joe rocket stuff i have had. i wear it only when it is hot out. it does not have a liner, and i have tryed to use one from one of my other coats with no luck. it is a great summer jacket. anything below 65 and it is going to get cold. if the color of mine were anything close to the color of my new cbr i would keep mine as i like the jacket alot. but i have a silver bike with a green and black jacket?! i need to list that thing on some kinda kawi forum i think or ebay? but i am looking to replace it with a silver or black one. or i might go with a chicane one peice suit instead? i would give it a big thumbs up for sure!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 AM

Thanks for the input....I have a black and yellow bike and they have a chicane that is blackand yellow that would match perfect...I really want the Dainese Zen jacket or the Alpinestar Stage, but I'm thinking I should get one to match the bike.
How does it fit???? Is it comfortable???

Old 02-21-2008, 07:09 PM

They are smaller than JR or Astars. My size 44 Teknic fits like a 42 in most other brands. I don't like loose motorcycle gear so it's no big deal.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 PM

thats true they run about a half size small. i wear a 50 and my teknic is a 52 but a little loose. i like my jackets to fit snug this fits tight but not snug. it is real comfortable once broken in. the jacket was fine from the box but the collar took some time to soften up. check out www.newenough.com the have two peice suits or one peice suits for $355. figure if ya dont want the pants on a two peice you could sell them for $200 almost. i paid $149 for mine from new enough last season. wish i would have gotten black so it would look better with my new bike?!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:20 PM

I've got a Teknic Chicane. Picked it up at the Long Beach Motorcycle Show for $200.00. No problems so far and feels great. Yea, I'd rather have a Dianese, Ku****ani or Taichi, but just can't afford those right now.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 AM

I have a Teknic Lightning jacket, they run a little small, but other then that there good jackets. I would still wear mine, but its a little too snug for my beer belly too fit into now

Old 04-18-2008, 02:26 AM

I like their Speedstar line.

Old 04-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Default Teknic leather jackets???

This is a new company I never heard of before. But I'm so glad that I found out about it! The American Jacket has amazing leather jackets and they are so affordable. It's completely free shipping and they have a 100% money back guarantee...you can't go wrong with this company!

Quick Reply: Teknic leather jackets???