Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Suomy, Shoei, or Arai

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:50 PM
jim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARAI

Hi, purchase an ARAI as they are the best my arai is light it fits my head snugly and I found the peripheral vision was better than the Shoei.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:39 PM
L8X
Default RE: ARAI

arai's are nice but break the bank. suomys are good too but also quite pricey. ive recently discovered shark and agv. both nice and affordable.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Default RE: Suomy, Shoei, or Arai

I've heard the OGK's are nice helmets and by reading the reviews, they seem to offer you alot of options as far as removable/washable pieces. I posted a thread on the boards a while back with both the review and thier website. Here is a link directly to thier website: www.OGK-Helmet.com

If I had to choose between the 3 that you have listed, I would go with the Arai.

Good luck.
-Denyse

Old 01-26-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

arai's are bling...but mang.. when i put on my arai...feels so good! better than any of the others...all soft like mah pillow...

as far as whatever looks best to you statement, yea i disagree too...

GET IT RIGHT *****...LOOKS ARE 210% of 100% and then a 110% of that so it's HOW YOU LOOK IN THE HELMET...

Old 01-26-2006, 03:05 PM
L8X

actually did everyone see the ogk blowout sale? ff4s for 199!!!!!

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL

I've heard the OGK's are nice helmets and by reading the reviews, they seem to offer you alot of options as far as removable/washable pieces. I posted a thread on the boards a while back with both the review and thier website. Here is a link directly to thier website: www.OGK-Helmet.com

If I had to choose between the 3 that you have listed, I would go with the Arai.

Good luck.
-Denyse

Old 01-26-2006, 06:21 PM

this is like choosing between a bmw, an audi and a benz ... all are german and rated highly
just wear what fits your head and your pocket

Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 PM

well I have been trying all of these helmets on for quite some time now and I have found that the arai astral fits my head the best. I like some of the shoei designs better, but the fit on the arai astral is the best. Now I just have to pick a design and make the purchase.

Thanks for all the input...

Old 03-13-2006, 03:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RCKT GRL, GREAT CALL!!!!!!!!! OGK ff4's are( they say) great lids!!!!!!! and yes, up for 199$, NOW!!!!!!!

One day... i call new enough leather, and talk to there new helmet guy. he did like 7 years w/ soumey(i think), as a rep. a varitable helmet tyranasorous rex !!!!!!!!!! he had lots to say about the "top" 3, paticularly interesting is why soumey owners, shouldn't be jelous of arai owner's, plush fit !!!!!!!!!!!! hmm.
On a lighter note... check out the wild side!!!!!!, Craft rx-8, streetfighterfreekout!!!!!!!!!! hey does anyone actualy know where i can contact uvex helmet? tryed every leed... us., gb., germany, ya, fon fon fon, on ze autobohn!!!!!!! I'm look'n for a "species" lid, looks like a downhill ski race low orbit number!!!!!!!!!! THANKS, clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!! Ripp'n

Old 03-14-2006, 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: sbv32

Hey, its my head...You can't put a price on that.

I have tried on the Arai and it seemed to fit good. The problem that I keep running into is all the local shops don't have my size (small).

Sure design is a factor, but for me it is safety first....

Thanks for the reply NINE2NINE

That is the only helmet that goes on my head! I went down wearing my Arai okada. I'll post some pics of my "bike" and helmet. Best money I ever spent!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 11:00 PM

Shoei RF-1000 best helmet on the market, period!

Quick Reply: Suomy, Shoei, or Arai