Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Suomy Helmet Sizing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007 | 12:45 PM
|
Default Suomy Helmet Sizing

Does anyone have a Suomy helemt? I want to buy one but no store around me sells them. The helmet I currently wear is a HJC size large but it kills my forehead after 30 minutes. Any idea on what size would be best?

Old 04-28-2007 | 01:05 PM
Default RE: Suomy Helmet Sizing

Suomys run real small imo. As nice as they are, they just don't fit right at all. I'll never be able to own one. The Shoei fits like a glove though.

Old 04-28-2007 | 02:27 PM

Note: everyone's head is different. If you are looking for a helmet. Then the best thing to do is go try them all on and find one that fits good
My head is what they call a bullet shaped head. (narrow on the side, long front to back) In football & hockey I had to have custom paddings made for me!
I own a Shoei X-Eleven and it fits perfect ( but is real pricey $600+). To bad I crashed and messed the helmet up badly.
So I am looking for a new helmet too. But I am not going to spend that kind of money again. I have tried on many great helmets but they just dont fit right.

Just keep searching... Remember it is your head - Protect it & Protect it Right!

Old 04-28-2007 | 03:53 PM

ugh, same situation here.

Suomy's list of dealers shows plenty locally, but every shop I've gone to is either; out of business or doesn't stock them.

Right now I'm debating between a Suomy Ventura or a Scorpion EXO-700.

I wear an XL in Scorpion, a L in HJC, an XL in Arai and an XL in Shoei (which fits better than Arai for me)