Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

For streets...Motocross boots

Old 07-28-2011, 06:49 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default For streets...Motocross boots

Have anyone ever used a motocross boots for street riding? I found some sidi boots with color match my bike but they are motocross boots??

Old 07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Red face this pair of SIDI

This pair.. looks comfortable enough for street riding? but I want someone with experience advice? thank you in advance..

Motor Cycle Boots Size 10 | eBay

Old 07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a pair of sidi's. they are great, wouldn't want to walk forever in them but good for short walking around.

That's a good price, don't bid higher than about 125-ish and shipping though (imo) New retail is 180-225-ish.

Very comfy for riding and a lot more protection. They look to be street-riders not dirt. Be sure you can return if they don't fit, they run a little small vs US.

Ern

Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 PM
MZ5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wore some Alpinestars Tech-3 motocross boots last fall/winter. They were alright; very good against the cold, and certainly very tall and shin-protective. WAAAAYYY stiffer than any street riding or roadracing boots I've tried on, though. Good luck!

Old 07-30-2011, 02:20 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MZ5
I wore some Alpinestars Tech-3 motocross boots last fall/winter. They were alright; very good against the cold, and certainly very tall and shin-protective. WAAAAYYY stiffer than any street riding or roadracing boots I've tried on, though. Good luck!
And that is where the difference between the street boots and motocross boots is most apparent. It won't affect how you ride the bike, but walking around in them won't be as fun.

But looking at the link, those boots appear to be more of a street oriented boot. I say go for it if those are the boots you want.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by vfrman
And that is where the difference between the street boots and motocross boots is most apparent. It won't affect how you ride the bike, but walking around in them won't be as fun.

But looking at the link, those boots appear to be more of a street oriented boot. I say go for it if those are the boots you want.
I've ask seller to email me more picture showing outside ankle..seller did & there is 4 buckle on the outside ankle & does appear boot are indeed motocross / enduro boot. Let me post pic

Old 07-30-2011, 08:05 AM
February 2012 ROTM

cid:5A8618A049844B83810B57671415A299@TheresaPC

Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Originally Posted by estate4life
I've ask seller to email me more picture showing outside ankle..seller did & there is 4 buckle on the outside ankle & does appear boot are indeed motocross / enduro boot. Let me post pic
Here is pic of outside ankle...4 buckle.

Boot is purple/yellow...not blue. How many purple bike out there? Not much. This is the only pair of boot that match my bike but I don't want to risk being stuck, unable to shift gear? 90% of the time I shift gear/down shift to control speed...slow down. If motocross boot interfer with quick shiftng effort, then it's a safety issue. Boot does look comfy though.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:36 AM
February 2012 ROTM

Here is photo of my bike, it's purple. Photo may look blue, but see bike live in person, it's definitely vibrant purple/yellow

I see some post say motocross boot are difficult to shift gears becaue the ankle support is so stiff??I hope this is not the case? But SIDI does seem to make much comfy ones?

Originally Posted by estate4life
Here is pic of outside ankle...4 buckle.

Boot is purple/yellow...not blue. How many purple bike out there? Not much. This is the only pair of boot that match my bike but I don't want to risk being stuck, unable to shift gear? 90% of the time I shift gear/down shift to control speed...slow down. If motocross boot interfer with quick shiftng effort, then it's a safety issue. Boot does look comfy though.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Motocross/dirt boots have more rigid soles/construction & thicker shin guards. That may or may not be of interest for you. You won't get the same feel that you would from standard street boots, like the Sidi Vertigos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For streets...Motocross boots