Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

So I got the icon claymore helmet!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got the icon claymore helmet!

I was so excited to see my helmet down at the honda shop I ordered.. spent a week trying on different ones and this one seemed to be the best. A size large just like any other helmet ive had.

First trip.. about 30mins in a killer headache the helmet is pressing on the upper front and back of my head and its killer. So I took a break ever now and then.

second trip.. Same deal.

Has anyone else had these problems with the break in? These helmets are supposed to be the same fit as a hjc but they sure don't feel like it. I love the helmet, besides that. Anyways I can break it in faster, or do you think I got a size too small?

Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Can you get a different liner or smaller cheek pads for it? Might make a difference. Though if it's pressing the front/back of your head it might just be too small or the wrong shape overall.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Elfling
Can you get a different liner or smaller cheek pads for it? Might make a difference. Though if it's pressing the front/back of your head it might just be too small or the wrong shape overall.
Yea i looked around a bit and icon allows you to use liners out of different size helmets. So I may grab a extra large liner and see how it goes.. but the helmet does seem to be getting better.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex
I was so excited to see my helmet down at the honda shop I ordered.. spent a week trying on different ones and this one seemed to be the best. A size large just like any other helmet ive had.

First trip.. about 30mins in a killer headache the helmet is pressing on the upper front and back of my head and its killer. So I took a break ever now and then.

second trip.. Same deal.

Has anyone else had these problems with the break in? These helmets are supposed to be the same fit as a hjc but they sure don't feel like it. I love the helmet, besides that. Anyways I can break it in faster, or do you think I got a size too small?
Try a Suomy... SO MUCH BETTER. very light weight too.