Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Shoei X-11

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shoei X-11

I have used my Shoei X-11 to the fullest. I have riden it on the track and on the street. I also have had a pretty bad accident while wearing my X-11. It held up great. I landed mostly on my body, but I hit hard on my right front of the helmet. I had a replacement tinted visor. The visor didn't brake off or anything, even though the impact was right on the visor. I did have the rear spoiler come off. But over all I loved the fact the helmet did it's job. I will buy one again.

P.S. I will get some pic's of it on here soon

Old 02-19-2007, 03:23 PM

I am looking at either going scorpion or just suckn it up and spending double on a shoei. I am going to try to get to a chop this weekend and hopefully they have both so i can try them on. I guess this its the only way you will ever know how much you like a helmet!!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 PM

so i go mine yesterday and love it .. the only things is it say the black lever on the side opens so you can clear your visor but i haven't figured out how it works, has anybody else had this problem or am i just a bit slow ?

Old 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: mkhaynesaz

so i go mine yesterday and love it .. the only things is it say the black lever on the side opens so you can clear your visor but i haven't figured out how it works, has anybody else had this problem or am i just a bit slow ?
The little lever it there to de-fog your helmet. If you grab the lever and point the front part of it up it will just crack the visor a little bit to let air in to de-fog it. It works great when you are on the fly and dont want to much air in. But if lift the vision with the lever up, when you put it down it will close the vision completly.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Here are those pictures I was talking about! Sorry for taking so long

Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 PM

ORIGINAL: APCh8r

i have two of them, i have the rainey rep and the black kiyonari (new graphic for 2007)....love them, actually going to sell the kiyonari soon though, brand new if anyone is interested.
I might be interested in the kiyonari, as long as it is a medium.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:19 PM

Well, I finally ordered the X-11 and received it last week. This helmet is awesome!! The venting of the helmet surpassed my expectations. I can actually feel the air flowing on my forehead and on top of my head. On a cool night when I was riding, I had to close the top vents because my head was getting cold.

The other thing I noticed while riding was that my head wasn't being buffeted around by the wind. This helmet keeps you head stable. The only time that the helmet will bounce around from the wind is when you are behind a semi-truck.

Also, this helmet is very light. I took a 4 hour ride and usually my neck and upper shoulders would be a little sore when wearing the HJC AC-11, but this was not the case with the X-11.

There is, however, one concern that I have with the helmet... for some reason there is a pressure point on the area right in from of my right ear. Which after awhile, becomes painful to turn my head to the left or right. I don't know if this will go away after the helmet gets broke in more or not. But the funny thing is that this pressure point isn't on the left side. Has anyone else had this experience? If so, was there anything that you did to correct it or did it just eventually go away?

Overall a great helmet, and going forward I don't see myself buying in other kind of helmet other than a Shoei.