Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Shark Helmet Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shark Helmet Anyone?

Seems from the message boards, 'tis the season for upgrading riding gear. I currently have an HJC and before that I had a Shoei (yeah, big difference). I'm currently in the market for another helmet and came across the helmet, particularly the RSR2 model. Popular in MotoGP racing circles, the Shark helmets have made their way from Europe to the US. I like that it has ECE 22-05, Snell and DOT approval and has a lightweight yet durable shell, so I'm really thinking of giving this one a try. There's an old product review on the net, but I was curious if any list members actually have the helmet. If so, what's your take on it? Helmet Harbor is a vendor and the helmets are a bit pricey, but so are the Shoei, Arai, and Suomy helmets. It seems safe, comfortable, durable and lightweight helmets cost a bit more than the usual dome cover so one just has to suck it up and move on. Anyway, just looking for feedback from folks who have this helmet or if they know someone who does, and what's your/their experience with the helmet. Thanks!

Old 01-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shark Helmet Anyone?

they look like very nice helmets. too bad they are french lol