Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Scorpion helemts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scorpion helemts

I bought one of these last week and I love it! It has been really hot here in TX and the lining really does work to keep you dry. I wish that the venting was a little better but overall it is a great helmet.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:00 PM

Ok Noob Question, from what everyone said scorpion are really that good? I tried on Shoei and Arai helmets and Arai fits really nice, budget wise cant afford, but if what you guys are saying is true about scorpions which should i get the 700 or the 400 ? ohh..reason why i ask is i go by (you get what you pay for) cheap gear cheap protection

Old 11-30-2005, 04:47 AM

I drove up to the Scorpion manufacturer in Lake Forest, CA last weekend from San Diego to pick up an EXO-700 Fury to go with my new RR. I tried on helmets for 4 hours at one local shop and 2 hours the next day at another shop. I just couldn’t find the right fit in the right color. I just would not except that a helmet had to be so uncomfortable. Then at a third shop, I found the Scorpion helmets, but they didn’t have my color in my size. The shop would have ordered it, but I just didn’t want to wait. The guys at the Scorpion manufacturer were awesome, very nice, and chatted with us for a while.
I will say that I had a problem getting used to the liner after I stared wearing it a while, it was pushing pretty hard in a small spot right in front of my ears. I used some clothes pins over night to compress the liner were it was bugging me and it did the trick. Now its really comfortable all around but still tight enough to be safe. The anti-fog makes a world of difference, especially right now in the cold foggy mornings. I am very happy with it.
The guys at the coffee shop stuck their noses up when I told them I was looking at buying this helmet. "Oh, I don’t know about a helmet for only $200 that no one has never heard of," one guy said. I took him with me to Lake Forest, he checked it out, and I got his stamp of approval. I think it will just take time to get the word out.
Check out the web side, it has some cute animated videos of Dr. Nikki, one of the R&D girls. The animated character is one hot biker chick. And the guys in Lake Forest said that the character is a pretty good representation of what she looks like in real life.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:08 PM

I've got the EX-700 Fury in white, yellow & black. The damn thing is sexy, but I do agree with you that it took some getting used to. Try looking at the Joe Rocket Blaster jacket for a match to the helmet. I bought the girl version and it all flows nicely. I can show you a picture of it if you need one.