Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

riding shoes

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding shoes

hey guys I am intrested in buying some footwear to wear while riding. I don't really want full riding boots, so what do you guys think about the alpine star riding shoes? do they offer a good amount of protection besides ankle support?
i was thinking about something like these..http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ing-Shoes.aspx

do you guys think that would be good? or not worth the money?
Thanks

Old 01-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackw2
hey guys I am intrested in buying some footwear to wear while riding. I don't really want full riding boots, so what do you guys think about the alpine star riding shoes? do they offer a good amount of protection besides ankle support?
i was thinking about something like these..http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ing-Shoes.aspx

do you guys think that would be good? or not worth the money?
Thanks
I don't think the boots are for ankle support, I believe it is ankle protection mostly. I have a pair of Alpinestars boots. I love them, very comfortable to me. Alpinestars make a great product, IMO, the shoes would not protect your feet as well as improving your shifting and grip on the rest. IMO

Last edited by Indiana Hurricane; 02-15-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Ive been looking at some riding shoes too...Don't think DC's are going to provide me with much protection don't know why I rode w/o proper footwear in the first place... Ive been looking at Shifts Kicker shoes on motorcycle superstore...i like the idea of the buckle right at the ankle and the Shift Fuel shoe has nothing but awesome reviews....

Old 02-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

whatever you get they need to go over the ankle, have non-slip soles, and be made of good grade leather. They dont have to be full race type n they are plenty out there thats more 'causal'.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with these by Dainese. Haven't been able to ride in them but been wearing them day to day (except in the snow). Originally started wearing them to break them in. But they're more comfortable than my Tims

Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 AM

you actually could have wore your tims ha ha. when i ride i wear my bates military boots ha ha. i have like 5 pair so i use one for riding. ha ha.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I went with these by Dainese. Haven't been able to ride in them but been wearing them day to day (except in the snow). Originally started wearing them to break them in. But they're more comfortable than my Tims

stupid *** multi-quote is broke wtf??? Those look great. Tims etc will work ok too, but wont allow good feed back thru the thick soles and wont have the specialize ankle protection as a riding specific boot will. I on occasion wear my Magnums, but I find them to be bulking feeling n like I said feedback sux in em compared to my sidi's. But worlds better than tennis shoes, which I've seen ripped off ppls feet leaving their feet completely unprotected.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:09 PM

the bates(winter boots i assume) dont have much ankle protection though.... although thats what i wear

Old 02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
stupid *** multi-quote is broke wtf??? Those look great. Tims etc will work ok too, but wont allow good feed back thru the thick soles and wont have the specialize ankle protection as a riding specific boot will. I on occasion wear my Magnums, but I find them to be bulking feeling n like I said feedback sux in em compared to my sidi's. But worlds better than tennis shoes, which I've seen ripped off ppls feet leaving their feet completely unprotected.
I got a surprise when I lowsided: my heel. No biggie but I did feel an impact there.

That's when I figured out motorcycle boots aren't for ankle support Those Dainese have impact armor at the ankle and in the heel. My work boots are Tims and rated for all sorts of hazards. But the only impact protection is the steel toe. And tbh, those boots actually support my ankles better

Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

I've been looking at a new pair of riding boots for a while now. I've gone back wearing my Timberland workboots on the bike. Steel toes and a good sole. They're waterprrof and comfortable as hell. What I"m missing most at the moment is a little more length to really keep the draught out. I can tighten the bottoms of my overtrousers as much as I like but when the temp drops to 0 and the wind meets you head on on a 40-50 mile ride it does start to get annoying if not uncomfortable.
The more protection built into a boot the better as far as I can see.
The problerm I have is that there are some damned ugly looking offerings on the shelves and they're not cheap so I'm hanging out for something that really turns me on in every way, um..... perhaps I should re-phrase that.....but you get my drift..... foot rest fetishists! I'll draw the line at stilettos though.

Quick Reply: riding shoes