Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

riding leathers not racing leathers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding leathers not racing leathers

what do you guys like i want to have protection but dont want to look like im trying to be a
road racer but i want as much protection as i can get and wind protection for this fall i 'want to ride as late as
i can i would like knee pucks but something kinda unnoticeable ya know if i ever need them i want them there
not that i drag them yet but im getting lower all the time

Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding leathers not racing leathers

If you are serious about protection, what you look like that will take a back seat to what works the best. With that in mind.
Get you self a two piece set of leathers. They come in solid black amoung other colors if you won't look like you want to go racing. For what its worth a quad stitched one piece provides the most protection. the zipper is the week point in any two piece set no matter how good the zipper is. If you you get a two piece, make sure the zipper goes all the way around and has velcro to back it up.

There are also some really good two piece textile suits but leather provides the best protecion. In the winter times you cant beat a textile sute with cold wether liners. If it were me, I would have one each.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: riding leathers not racing leathers

For the street I have Dainese (2 piece) that has a great 360 zipper and I added the Dainese Wave back protector. It's perf'd and works GREAT.