Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

One-Piece Suit Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One-Piece Suit Advice

I am trying different one piece suits for track days. The problem is getting one to fit me. Maybe I'm too picky. I have tried the Dianese, Held, Spidi and none of the ones I've tried fit perfectly.

Most suits in 42 size fit excellent in the chest, arms, shoulders, waist. However, the 42 is too long in the legs and just overall too big in the legs. Ideal would be a suit 42 up top and 40 down low.

I spent $1400 at Cycle Gear and we have tried 3 different suits and just can't get one to fit.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any brand of suit that may fit kind of like what I'm wanting? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you're trying on 1pc suits, also put on your boots & get on a bike. It will give you a better idea of how it will fit while actually riding. Having a 1pc suit a little long isn't too much of a problem b/c you're going to be tucked in to riding position on your bike.

I'm surprised you couldn't get a Spidi to fit. Spidi typcially has narrower/thinner legs than some other brands. I use a Spidi NRG. Its a great suit. The legs are certainly narrower than most Alpinestars & some others.

Anyway... There's nothing that says you have to use a 1pc suit. You could purchase a 2pc suit - mix & match the sizes you need. While I use my 1pc Spidi at the track, I also have an Alpinestars 2pc suit - standard track pants & TZ1 jacket. Just be sure that your pants & jacket are the type that zip to each other to complete the suit.

Good luck.