Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Icon Squad Backpack Review (poor)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Icon Squad Backpack Review (poor)

So I bought this Icon Squad backpack a few months ago, I ride to work everyday, and only took a few weeks off when it was below freezing and/or snow on the ground. But the backpack is just a piece of crap, short and straight. Here's my note to Icon, I'll be sure to share their response:

Hello,
I purchased your Squad Backpack a few months ago (less than 4) and have been using it on my daily commute to work. I'm less than pleased with my purchase.

I have had 5 zippers grabs fall off because of just being put together lousy (despite my cinching them back together with pliers), my main zipper holding my straps together has fallen apart so that the zipper is entirely useless, and the inner liner is already cracking. The straps flail wildly on my ride so if I don't tuck down I get a constant whapping in the face. I've never quite experienced a backpack that fell apart in such a short amount of time. But after spending a hundred dollars, I REALLY wanted to make this one work, but it's honestly a terrible design (no useful pockets for wallets etc...) and the tuck away helmet sack doesn't even fit my helmet! What exactly is the point of having mesh pockets on a motorcycle helmet? Would you trust your keys flapping in the wind in a mesh pouch? The Zippers are so loose on one ride home they worked themselves loose and I lost a favorite pair of dress slacks! Yes my pants actually flew out of the backpack onto the road.

I'm not interested in a replacement squad backpack, but what can you do to keep me as an Icon purchaser, because as it stands this is my first and last purchase from your company. I would be interested in some other icon products, but really, I'd like my money back. Maybe in exchange for some other clothing product etc... I'd be happy to show you what happens when people actually use your product. I can provide pictures, or even send it back to you! Any help would be appreciated, because I'm just terribly disappointed. Thank you

Old 04-21-2007, 04:51 AM
Default RE: Icon Squad Backpack Review (poor)

This is the Backpack, yes I liked the Orange, bright!

Old 04-21-2007, 05:00 AM

this is what i got, it looks nice and does the job well http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...G&tier2=24

Old 04-21-2007, 05:05 AM

This is the one I actually want to get next, the Axio Swift:
http://www.axio-usa.com/

Or the Axio Forza if I want more room...