Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

HJC AC-12

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HJC AC-12

I picked up the AC-12 Elbowz over the winter also - didn't get it for 267 or 300 though ($350). BASTARDS

However, like some people said - different helmet brandsfit differently on some people. I went from an XL Icon toan XL HJC. It doesn't fit as snug asI would like, but when I tried on the large... well there would have been a lot of headaches I believe. I bit tootight for me.Where my Icon was a perfect fit. Think I might order thicker cheek pads... maybe that will help.

Oh well... I still like the looks and the feel despite the fact that the fit is not 100%,

Old 04-04-2007, 09:52 PM

I've had the AC-12 carbon fiber helmet for just over a year now. In fact if you search, you will find my review of it from when I first got it. I definatly love the helmet. The anti fog visor is great and the vents work excellent. The only downfall is the noise. But with the extra vents, you get the noise.

Corey, if the helmet is lifting off your head at high speeds, then the helmet is too loose. You need to go down a size. It will break in and feel better. A helmet should never feel like it's coming up when riding. The good thing about HJC is they only have 2 or 3 shell sizes. So you should be able to contact HJC and get the replacement pads for the next size helmet down from what you have. That way you don't have to swap out the helmet itself. I would do that ASAP. If it's loose enough to come up at speed, then there is a good chance it won't do it's job in a crash.
Chris

Old 04-05-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: NeonspeedRT

The good thing about HJC is they only have 2 or 3 shell sizes. So you should be able to contact HJC and get the replacement pads for the next size helmet down from what you have.
+1 to that. I have contemplated buying a large liner - but keeping the XL cheek pads (those are still a little snug for me).

The best place I found for HJC helmet parts is www.helmethouse.com Just go to their catalog and search through the Replacement Parts (8 page pdf will pop up and HJC parts are on 7 & 8 I think).