CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Gear (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-gear-31/)
-   -   Hi - Protective Gear questions (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-gear-31/hi-protective-gear-questions-138005/)

Shane Macdonald 05-12-2012 11:54 PM

Hi - Protective Gear questions

Hello im new to this forum i just bought a little honda cbr 125 to start off i never drove a bike before and i was wondering do you know where i can get good protective gear like pants,jacket,helmet,ect online .. and if so can you give me the link and also the color of the bike is black and red would love for it to match if possible thank you in advance .. will be looking on this site for a while now

zaqwert6 05-13-2012 10:03 AM

First off welcome aboard, glad to have you.

Honestly there are tons of places to buy from online. Some of that though I would suggest at least 'trying' to find locally. Most riding gear in order to be protecive and NOT impact your riding in any negative way, needs to fit really well and be comfortable in the riding position. It's so much better and can actually save you money (shipping,returns,crashing) by being able to try stuff on in person.

Been there done that....

:)

Kuroshio 05-13-2012 12:04 PM

Given the bik size, I'm guessing you're not in the US. Shipping from here is gonna murder you. But one of the best places for gear online, IMO, is Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla

Get someone to help you measure you. Take measurements of your arms, legs, chest and head. Then CALL them and tell them what you're looking for. They'll make sure you get the right size. And their customer service, exchange and return policies are top.

Shane Macdonald 05-13-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1159380)
Given the bik size, I'm guessing you're not in the US. Shipping from here is gonna murder you. But one of the best places for gear online, IMO, is Motorcycle Jackets, Motorcycle Gear, Helmets & Accessories - RevZilla

Get someone to help you measure you. Take measurements of your arms, legs, chest and head. Then CALL them and tell them what you're looking for. They'll make sure you get the right size. And their customer service, exchange and return policies are top.

I am from canada yous dont have the cbr 125 ? and thanks for the info

Kuroshio 05-13-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shane Macdonald (Post 1159443)
I am from canada yous dont have the cbr 125 ? and thanks for the info

Smallest Honda new from a dealer here is the 250. And we just got that last year.

Shipping to Canada shouldn't be that bad actually. The guys and girls at Revzilla can definitely hook you up

Shane Macdonald 05-13-2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1159447)
Smallest Honda new from a dealer here is the 250. And we just got that last year.

Shipping to Canada shouldn't be that bad actually. The guys and girls at Revzilla can definitely hook you up

Ill have to check them out im going to get the bike on tuesday and i wouldnt mind haveing some gear before i go lol

gotcbr 05-13-2012 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forum Shane.

You don't have to go crazy racking up a big bill on new gear. Often, you can buy used gear at a fraction of the price. You have craigslist in Canada correct? Check there locally in the 'motorcycle' section. I prob wouldn't buy a used helmet but otherwise, any other gear, you're good to go.

If you're set on new gear tho, there are many online suppliers. As Kuro mentioned, Revzilla is good people. I've had good experiences w/ them as well.

Have you taken a rider's course?

Shane Macdonald 05-14-2012 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr (Post 1159547)
Welcome to the forum Shane.

You don't have to go crazy racking up a big bill on new gear. Often, you can buy used gear at a fraction of the price. You have craigslist in Canada correct? Check there locally in the 'motorcycle' section. I prob wouldn't buy a used helmet but otherwise, any other gear, you're good to go.

If you're set on new gear tho, there are many online suppliers. As Kuro mentioned, Revzilla is good people. I've had good experiences w/ them as well.

Have you taken a rider's course?

No i have not just the beginners license

Shane Macdonald 05-16-2012 11:47 AM

Hi

I got my bike yesterday now its time to find some gear

74demon 05-16-2012 12:03 PM

Lets see it.... Can you put up pics? Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum!