CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Gear (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-gear-31/)
-   -   helmets on Ebay (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-gear-31/helmets-ebay-7986/)

sbv32 01-17-2006 09:13 PM

helmets on Ebay

OK, I have tried on all the different helmets and the shoei fit me the best. Now here is the next question....How many of you have purchased a helmet off of ebay? Is there a seller that someone has used and had great service.

Also, does anyone see any safety concerns with purchasing a helmet from ebay if it is new

NINE2NINE 01-17-2006 09:17 PM

RE: helmets on Ebay

just the normal ebay speech from me. be carefull, email the seller, and only buy from someone with lots of transactions and a high rating. i bought my jacket, boots, and gloves off ebay. all from different sellers and no problems. just make sure to contact them. and also ask if they have a return policy for damaged products in case it gets damaged in transit. good luck

Fretless33 01-17-2006 11:25 PM

I bought a helmet from a seller on Ebay, but he was recommended from a friend who already dealt with him and had good results. Be advised that the helmet I got was a Shoei X-11 which was imported from Japan, so it's not DOT approved; however, it is Snell 2000...

I can't find the seller I used any more...sorry...

menefreghista 01-18-2006 09:05 PM

i bought a cheap $50 max from a reseller called Sean (acifica/pacifica somethin) outta San Jose

infineon954 01-18-2006 09:59 PM

I would buy all day long from Ebay. In fact, I have sold some helmets. Just ask all the questions u can think of. Know your seller, and their policies.

bumblebeegsxr 03-16-2006 12:03 AM

dont buy a used one whatever u do...

wood83 03-19-2006 01:07 AM

buy one i did an rf-1000 diabolic it retails for colse to 500 this guy sold me mine for 270 perfect brand new condition only thing that pissed me off is when i got it he was like 20 mins from my house. if i knew that i would have picked it up had it that day and not had to pay for shipping but oh well i would reccomend it

cbr04 03-19-2006 01:21 AM

i'm a big fan of ebay... great deals can be had there but ya just have to be careful. wood83, congrats on the deal on the shoei. sucks that it was only 20 min from you though... ;)

arkas 03-22-2006 12:40 PM

I bought a new VEMAR gloss black for $199.00 U.S. and it came with a Dark smoke visor.
The guy I bought it off was an excellent seller with awesome communication. I was kinda scared at first but when I got the helmet It was perfect. I followed the sizing chart and it fit just right. I think he's from Michigan.
Here's the EBay # from the guy I bought mine off of. 8036304717
His name is Brian, here's his web site also.

www.sportbiketrackgear.com

unsquare 03-25-2006 12:16 PM

I bought a new Arai Quantum-2 on ebay last year. It was an easy choice, about $140 less than the cheapest local store. It was new in the box. However that seller hasn't sold anything since November 05.