Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gloves

My icon jacket is long in the sleeves, so it comes down to my wrist when I am riding....and as long as it is zipped and button at the end its not gunna ride up...that leather is stiff as can be.

as far as wind blowing up into the jacket, not really, when its cold there is a liner that is elastic around the wrist so nothing will come through, in the summer...its normally so hot your not gunna feel it anyways

as for the hot Wheather there are all kinds of gloves that are vented, my gloves now are mesh in some spots, but they suck when its cold...so I am looking for something not vented

Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 AM

At least the Heat here is very dry. Don't really sweat. Much better than most of the rest of the Country. I can't imagine wearing all my gear in like say Florida in the Summer.
ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

ORIGINAL: bgrider

What about the California riders. It is gettng way to hot for my long icons. i love em and tey are great but i see already the selt from my sweat on them
I live in socal, bro. Buck up and wear the gauntlets. I wear full leathers and I won't be complaining this summer. I understand how hot it can get. As stated before, just get a good ventilated glove. Like playfulgod said, it's better to sweat than to bleed.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 PM

I run with AStar Alloy gloves for a shorty they handle them well in the heat and hold up getting slid down the pavement they are also not too bad in cool weather, and the SP1's for a gauntlet and work well in cold weather and are comfortable on long rides. but thats my 2 cents

Old 05-01-2008, 06:28 PM

well guys
i wll be buying pair soon
if u would like to share favorite model let me know
i am owner of icon merc which are the bomb but i will leave them til he fall

Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 PM

PlayfulGod, Glad you went back to your original Avatar. I think it is one of the best i have ever seen. Unique and Classic! Was wondering why you had replaced it for a brief time with the rear tire. Anyway, I like the Gauntlet style gloves, but my leather jacket goes down past my wrist and my shorty Racer gloves fit perfectly around my wrist with the jacket. My next purchase will most likely be Gauntlet style to go with my Dainese Laguna Seca style leathers. About a six months away from that though.
ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: bgrider

i understand that however i am looking for kind of glvs that holds better in the 110 F heat
[8D]
find some that have vents and maybe some mesh between the fingers. Mine have neither n I dealt with it last summer here in GA. But they have some nice ones out with ventilation built in.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:30 AM

Here's a link to mine

http://www.revzilla.com/product/joe-...leather-gloves

They've treated me fine. I tuck up the little part they have under my sleeve

Old 06-25-2008, 02:33 PM

I have Alpinestars GP Plus gloves and I love them. I get compliments on them all the time. I've worn them in some real heat too and never really thought it.