Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gloves

^ I had the 07 model of the SP1's and I liked them, but they didn't fit me that well. If you were to get the SP1's, you could always save yourself like $40-50 and get the 07 instead of the 08. Not that big of a difference

Old 04-27-2008, 07:13 PM

Why do people seem to like the long gloves better than the short? My jacket actually covers part of my glove so I dont see how they could protect any better, is it just a personal preference? I dunno just seems like it would be a pain to get the long gloves on...

Old 04-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

Why do people seem to like the long gloves better than the short? My jacket actually covers part of my glove so I dont see how they could protect any better, is it just a personal preference? I dunno just seems like it would be a pain to get the long gloves on...
in a riding position your jacket shouldnt be covering the gloves. And in the event of a crash the jacket sleeves could ride up n expose your wrist. Why ya think racers wear long gloves? It just provides better protection and in cold temps it keeps the cold air from going up your sleeve.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 PM

What aboutthe California riders. It is gettng way to hot for my long icons. i love em and tey are great but i see already the selt from my sweat on them

Old 04-27-2008, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bgrider

What aboutthe California riders. It is gettng way to hot for my long icons. i love em and tey are great but i see already the selt from my sweat on them
better to sweat than bleed

Old 04-27-2008, 09:18 PM

i understand that however i am looking for kind of glvs that holds better in the 110 F heat
[8D]

Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM

i understand that however i am looking for kind of glvs that holds better in the 110 F heat
[8D]
find some that have vents and maybe some mesh between the fingers. Mine have neither n I dealt with it last summer here in GA. But they have some nice ones out with ventilation built in.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:35 PM

i got the icon timax gloves and i love them.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

Why do people seem to like the long gloves better than the short?

That's what I've been meaning to ask all the shorty guys...why do people seem to like having a gap at the wrist? Doesn't wind blow up into your jacket? I guess I just assumed shorty gloves were for the stunting types that don't wear jackets in the first place.

To me it's not a pain to pull the gauntlet over my jacket sleeve...it just feels natural to cover myself in uninterrupted leather.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 AM

I live in socal, bro. Buck up and wear the gauntlets. I wear full leathers and I won't be complaining this summer. I understand how hot it can get. As stated before, just get a good ventilated glove. Like playfulgod said, it's better to sweat than to bleed.

Quick Reply: Gloves