Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 PM
MZ5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
Wrecked with these...

Don't ask if I liked them.
What? You mean the Big-A's mere name didn't just magically protect you from all harm?
Sorry; It's not cool to get hurt in a wreck.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:16 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

+1...of course never cool to wreck...but when one do wreck, better to have gears .....gloves is so essential now! I'm so used to gloves, one time I ride without them just around the corner after oil change, MAN, it feel so EXPOSED....ATGATT

Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MZ5
What? You mean the Big-A's mere name didn't just magically protect you from all harm?
Sorry; It's not cool to get hurt in a wreck.

Nope didn't give much protection at all.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
Nope didn't give much protection at all.

So Indy .....still have the essential 2 fingers left & right ?

grabbed a set of icon pursuit non perfs today for wicked cheap $$

Old 10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

I have this set of Icon's I wore them in Tenn.
Just not the day I wrecked.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the big "A" stars too, but while they are comfortable, I don't think the ones I use (SP3) will be much good in a serious wreck. Having said that unless you have really thick gloves in the right places, not much will really work, IMO. Ask the boy from Majorca (Lorenzo)who lost his finger in the GP race two weeks back - and he didn't hit a barrier, a car, or have anything run over his fingers.........and was wearing the best gear there is......
Trouble is, most people fall "palm down" which is the natural way to fall - and with bike gloves you have to have "feel" through your fingers, for brake and clutch control. At best we have a compromise between feel and protection.
I'm told also that kangaroo skin is the best stuff for leathers and gloves - don't know where to buy any, and if the price is anything like as bad as the price for a racing suit I may be stuck with cowhide.
Maybe I'll buy some ice hockey goalie mitts

or some of these
http://www.rst-moto.com/index.php/pr...o_race_gloves/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RST-MOTO-P...item2566854276

Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
I use the big "A" stars too, but while they are comfortable, I don't think the ones I use (SP3) will be much good in a serious wreck. Having said that unless you have really thick gloves in the right places, not much will really work, IMO. Ask the boy from Majorca (Lorenzo)who lost his finger in the GP race two weeks back - and he didn't hit a barrier, a car, or have anything run over his fingers.........and was wearing the best gear there is......
Trouble is, most people fall "palm down" which is the natural way to fall - and with bike gloves you have to have "feel" through your fingers, for brake and clutch control. At best we have a compromise between feel and protection.
I'm told also that kangaroo skin is the best stuff for leathers and gloves - don't know where to buy any, and if the price is anything like as bad as the price for a racing suit I may be stuck with cowhide.
Maybe I'll buy some ice hockey goalie mitts

or some of these
RST Motopilot-S Kangaroo Race Gloves - Official RST Motorcycle Products

RST MOTO PILOT RACE GLOVES BLUE LARGE 10 KANGAROO PALM | eBay
Those gloves I linked earlier have Knox scaphoid protectors; like frame sliders for your wrists when you naturally fall palms down. Pretty good protection for $80. There's no Kangaroo leather, though the leather they do use seems to hold up well.

Of course, stuff happens no matter how good the gear is, and those gloves are certainly not top of the line (but check out the Knox Handroids if you want a glove of truly epic proportions) but they should do a good job nonetheless.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:56 PM
MZ5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only gloves even mentioned in this thread that have been CE tested _and passed_ are the HighVelocityGear(.com) ones I'm ordering. All the rest are just hoping you'll believe they work...