Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Giving In

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Giving In

Thinking about drag racing this summer, riding out to the east coast, going to deal's gap.. things of this nature. In turn, I guess that means I have to cave in and buy a helmet, eh?

Anyhow... when I went to the q101 rocket ride this summer I saw one in particular I really liked.. was hoping if I described it someone could identify it. Girl's helmet, black with a white swirl-like pattern on it.. kinda almost looked like a mix between a baroque pattern, tribal and some vines.. There weren't any large markers on it indicating a brand. I probably should've asked one of them what kind it was.. But yeah, drop me a line if you have an idea of what it may have been.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Good to hear that. You'll see, once you get used to it you won't want to ride without one. Makes the bike more enjoyable, imo. Throw on a couple of earplugs and it'll really make a difference. You'll be able to ride a lot longer. That and wind noise above 40MPH is bad for your hearing. Sorry I can't help with which helmet it was.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:59 PM

How bout that 130mph wind noise.. lol

I dunno how much I'd actually wear it, we'll see. I'd probably net it to the seat if I went considerably far away in case I got caught in the rain...

No, but seriously that's pretty much the only girl's helmet I've ever seen that I've actually liked. I should've asked one of them, doubt they would've cared. I didn't see a brand on it, I was looking. I know it wasn't custom/airbrushed cause I saw the same one a couple different times.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Cool

There's so many helmet designs out there; good luck. This one's pretty cool:

click to enlarge

Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 PM

I dunno about some butterflies but other than that it's decent.

I think it would be weird to wear one at all.. and I really don't want to. I enjoy being about to hear and see everything.

Rode around today, wind gusts up to 20mph.. it was pretty chilly; it is December 1st in Chicagoland, after all. I have several months to think about it and look around.

But thanks for being nice about it anyway.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Pisses me off when I'm trying to look and they don't have the girls' stuff separated from the guys'.. Grr.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help much either with the helmet, but shoot me a message if you come down towards Georgia. I'm sure my group would love to meet up and ride the twisties with you.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll have to grin and bear it. Being a woman in a male dominated sport is a rough gig. My regular riding group has a few ladies that ride, and I have a pretty good beat on what is out there for you....including some things your local dealer should be able to get on closeout.
Are you looking for a specific color?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:20 PM

I've been hit with some fat bugs.. smack in the middle of my forehead, on my lip... lots of fun. :-S

Quick Reply: Giving In