Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

frank thomas gear

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: frank thomas gear

I have had Frank Thomas leathers and they were great. Heavy duty zippers and good seams. I think the fact you don't see their commercials on Speed TV or on the side of a SB,WSP or GP bike as a sponser keeps the price down. I recently bout a pair of FT track gloves and again am very pleased.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ArkCBR1000

I have had Frank Thomas leathers and they were great. Heavy duty zippers and good seams. I think the fact you don't see their commercials on Speed TV or on the side of a SB,WSP or GP bike as a sponser keeps the price down. I recently bout a pair of FT track gloves and again am very pleased.

Wow, I'm glad I read this thread. While I have their boots I figured their suit at $430 wasn't worth much but after hearing a couple of testimonies and seeing the crash pics I may consider getting the XTi.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM

I've been using frank thomas gear for a while now. I've had their air carbon gloves and didn't like those, they didn't hold up. But cycle gear did replace them for free so I got rid of those and got AlpineStars SMX. Now their XTi suits and sp tech boots I've heard good things about so I picked both up yesterday when all frank thomas was 40% off. The suit came out to $299 and boots $99. Both look to be pretty high quality and the suit is just as featured as say a Dainese Laguna Seca. For $400 bucks and free gloves that came with the deal you can't beat it.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:44 PM

I ended up getting a Frank Thomas XTi suit today with a Dainese back protector in it. My first suit!