Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Dainese Racing Pelle

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dainese Racing Pelle

I laid my eyes on a black Dainese Racing Pelle leather jacket and am about to go purchase it tomorrow. I just thought I posted it here so maybe you guys have something to say about this jacket. The biggest reason I am buying this jacket is because I have the matching pants that can be zipped to the jacket. But how often do you guys wear leather in the summer?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wear leather on every twisty ride. ;-)

Dainese is nice quality stuff.

My 2pc suit is Alpinestars track pants (w/ pucks) & Alpinestars TZ1 jacket that zips to pantss.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
I wear leather on every twisty ride. ;-)

Dainese is nice quality stuff.

My 2pc suit is Alpinestars track pants (w/ pucks) & Alpinestars TZ1 jacket that zips to pantss.
Good Stuff, I have a textile jacket. I like it,but it doesnt zip to my track pants. The dainese isnt cheap but I will never go cheap on safety gears.

Also, I am going to rent a Spyder RS in 2 weeks...haha...

Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing wrong w/ that. ;-)

Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hikeetech
I laid my eyes on a black Dainese Racing Pelle leather jacket and am about to go purchase it tomorrow. I just thought I posted it here so maybe you guys have something to say about this jacket. The biggest reason I am buying this jacket is because I have the matching pants that can be zipped to the jacket. But how often do you guys wear leather in the summer?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
i'm with these guys, there's nothing like protecting your ***..
in one of my many wipe outs over the years, i lost a patch of *** to the pavement in 92.. haha, ya i can laugh know but back then it was a perfect square missing..
i've also been on hiatus from riding and since i've been back late this season i have almost spent as much on my riding gear as i have for the bike.. theres nothing like rolling your bike into the back of a pickup , then having a few of your buddies go get the bike because your in some emergency room.. BUY THE PANTS... lol
plus they're on sale right???
jay

Old 09-18-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
i'm with these guys, there's nothing like protecting your ***..
in one of my many wipe outs over the years, i lost a patch of *** to the pavement in 92.. haha, ya i can laugh know but back then it was a perfect square missing..
i've also been on hiatus from riding and since i've been back late this season i have almost spent as much on my riding gear as i have for the bike.. theres nothing like rolling your bike into the back of a pickup , then having a few of your buddies go get the bike because your in some emergency room.. BUY THE PANTS... lol
plus they're on sale right???
jay
The jacket is almost 600$+tax, they are on sale from 750$.
I have seen ppl wearing tshirts, shorts while riding. I have done it, and am still doing it sometimes when its too hot out. But I would never take my bike onto hwy without my riding gears. It might only take 1 fall, then you are done...
IMO, there is no such thing as too much protection.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:33 PM

Also, I think I am going to get the dainese back protector that goes in the back pocket of the jacket.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:25 PM

I wear all my gear on 99% of my rides. I wear my helmet on EVERY ride. I don't wear my other gear sometimes when I am going up to a gas station to get something to eat or drink while at work or home where the stations are both very close and pretty much no traffic around.

I wear all my gear through the summer, no matter the temps because around me my roads are all 50MPH + and the wind cools me off just fine.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
I wear all my gear on 99% of my rides. I wear my helmet on EVERY ride. I don't wear my other gear sometimes when I am going up to a gas station to get something to eat or drink while at work or home where the stations are both very close and pretty much no traffic around.

I wear all my gear through the summer, no matter the temps because around me my roads are all 50MPH + and the wind cools me off just fine.
temp just dropped to 8 this morning, yes...and yes..weather here in Canada can be ridiculous in fall. Well, leather time baby...I am going to get the jacket today and I am pumped...