Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Boot for commute and at work

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boot for commute and at work

ORIGINAL: no1biscuit

I wear jeans everyday and sit on my *** most of the time. So I am more concerned about comfort and something that goes with jeans. That is my requiments. That and they have to look cool, just like me. LOL.
well, if that's the case, i would get whatever fits your style. the icon workboot style that you linked to would be fine. but you may want to check them out in person first. alot of motorcycle boots are very stiff and could be uncomfortable for walking. if so, i would go with some normal workboots. and i would advise against anything steel-toe. just me but i like to feel the shifter. good luck.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:54 PM

That is my problem. The local shop here does not have one. The honda store that might have one, I refuse to go in there. So I posted here hoping that I could find out comfort from you all....

Thanks for all you info, I really do appreciate it.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:03 PM

Actually I like to wear my Timberlands... but those aren't cheap and I've had a heck of a time getting them clean on some days!

Like previously stated, the Brahma's or Texas Steers (K-mart) are decent if you like the work boot look. They're also pretty cheap. I believe they sell them in 6-inch and 8-inch styles as well. However, unless you work construction or your job requires steel toe boots, I would advise you to stay away from steel toes. Maybe it's just me, but I like to be able to feel the gear shift lever and my steel toes don't allow that sense of feel.

But that's just my preference...

Old 05-19-2006, 04:28 PM

I wear my "ROCKY'S" steel toe work boot's with 600 gram thinulate' this type of foot wear is required at the city where I work.

Old 05-20-2006, 02:03 PM

I'm in the market for boots, too, and I have a dumb question. What's the difference between a race-oreiented streetbike boot and a motocross boot? Do mx boots work for the street, or are they uncomfortable?

Craig

Old 05-20-2006, 04:47 PM

I have two pairs of shoes I keep at work that I change in to and I wear jeans 4-5 days a week. Currently for my commute in I wear Sidi Scorpions. I also have an older pair of Joe Rockets that are like a second skin on my feet. The Scorpions took a great deal to break in and even after that it wasn't until I wore them in a rain storm that they actaully started to soften up. Yes, my feet did get wet. Currently I'm in the market for some sort of rain protection for my feet. I have rain gear for my legs and upper torso. I commute to work on a daily basis, during the warmer times of the year 35-40 degrees and up.

If you want a motorcycle boot they aren't designed for walking long periods of time, so you will probably have to make a sacrifice on either style, comfort or feel. Which do you want?

Old 05-20-2006, 09:20 PM

i wear black docs or redwings but i'm an electrician so i dont have to dress up,and i'm not fashionable seeing that black vans have always done the trick for special ocasions

Old 05-21-2006, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: no1biscuit

These Look Cool. Does anyone have them?

I have these boots. They are the Icon Superduty II. I like them when I'm wearing jeans. They are pretty comfortable and nobody really notices the big buckle that goes across the laces. They are jeans friendly. I recommend.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:30 AM

Thanks for all the info people. I will let you all know as soon as I can squeeze a few bucks out of the wife's wallet......

Old 05-31-2006, 02:08 AM

no1buscuit

I have the Icon super duty boots and they have the look of pro gear but have the comfort of lugz. Not to mention the heavty duty click strap that goes over the laces.

I think i paid @ 85-90 for these Icons. But are worth the pretty penny.

Adam

Quick Reply: Boot for commute and at work