Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Best Backpack for CBR Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Backpack for CBR Rider

Hey Guys,

I was considering buying a backpack to wear for commuting purposes.

Do you guys have any suggestions for brands, materials, etc?

(The models I've seen designed for sportbike riders seem to be best choice for comfort/storage capacity.)

Thanks.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Default RE: Best Backpack for CBR Rider

I've been going back and forth on which backpack to get. Ordered a Alpinestars Vector the other day, but the vendor I ordered it from told me they were out of stock. I told them to cancel the order. Then I went and got a Joe Rocket Blaster backpack off of ebay. Hasn't arrived yet but I'll let ya know what I think when I get it.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:42 PM

I like my A* vector it even has a pocket for a laptop that I use for mylaptop or dress pants when I ride to work plus the man compartment is roomy for my dress shoes, jacket liner, spare visor, spare gloves and probably a textile jacket if I had one. Plus the outer pocket also has lots of room too. and the bag even has a place to route headphone wires from the mp3 player pocket to the top of the backside of the bag

Old 02-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold

Old 02-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Default RE: Best Backpack for CBR Rider?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input. I'll review the brands you have suggested.

I can hardly wait for Spring!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:45 AM

05 tribal. on the bottom of that pack..what is that for. i havnt looked into packs yet but i kinda like yours cuase my bike is orange. but to my eye that looks a lil strange.

thx steve

Old 02-24-2006, 11:40 AM

Ha, ha...you guys are funny! I got a Champion backpack...14 bucks at Target...

Old 02-24-2006, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Fretless33

Ha, ha...you guys are funny! I got a Champion backpack...14 bucks at Target...
Dude I use a long branch and table cloth. Just like Huckleberry Finn...Doesn't work to well riding though.

Old 02-25-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: steve00ses

05 tribal. on the bottom of that pack..what is that for. i havnt looked into packs yet but i kinda like yours cuase my bike is orange. but to my eye that looks a lil strange.

thx steve
That big bulge at the bottom is what the pack looks like when you put a helmet in the special helmet compartment, like when you are off the bike and in class at school maybe. When the helmet is not in the separated helmet compartment the extra material tucks inside the pack and it zips up looking like a normal back pack. This pack also has a cushioned pocket for a laptop computer. Let me know if you are interested in buying mine, I will send you more detailed picks.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:21 PM

Hey man, I was looking for really slick looking backpack but didn't care if it was motocycle branded or not. I also wanted it to have a belt strap and be really low key. So I go to a sporting goods store and find some really sweet backpacks in the ski/snowbard gear. It's a burton backpack, it's water proof, and has all kind of room. It fits real good and is comfy. I almost feel weird when I ride without it. Best news yet... it was $40.

I don't think they make that exact one anymore, but it looks something like this:

Back Pack

Moral of the story,,,,, don't go thinking you gotta buy JR or some other expensive bike branded crap. it's just a back pack, anything will do.

Quick Reply: Best Backpack for CBR Rider