Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

bell star

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bell star

getting time to replace my helmet, one thats caught my eye is the bell star. I like the shape of it. problem is have really been able to see one in person. anyone tried one?

Old 02-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I raced cars many years back and a Bell Star saved my head when I wrecked the car (don't ask) Smashed the helmet against the doorpiller, minimal damage to my head. Helmet was smashed. Did what it was s'posed to - take the impact and absorb it.
Latest safety ratings for ALL Bell helmets are either 4 or 5 out of 5 so clearly a safe helmet.
The rest is all in comfort and fit.
As I remember a teeny bit heavier than some competitive helmets, but maybe not a big issue. If I could buy one here, I would.
FWIW

Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn Shadow, you should be a spokesman! ;-)

Last Bell I had was a MotoIII. That might give away my age somewhat. ;-) Used it for motocross. Was a great helmet. It too took a beating & did its job.

I know that Bell has been upgrading & improving their product line in the past couple of yrs.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great helmet, ordered one when the 2010 models were first released but had to send back cause the sizes run one size big (then decided $600 was too much for a helmet when i don't have alot of money laying around), Big fan of the day of the dead and cerwinski versions.