Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Another GREAT Jacket Found!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another GREAT Jacket Found!

james007torres24, dont buy a jacket without trying it on. i would go to bike shop first and see how they fit. personally, the only jacket manufacture that fits me like a glove is ICON. I have 3 other riding guys that share that opinion.
this is the one i bought, and it seems to be fine for now.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: alekinci

james007torres24, dont buy a jacket without trying it on. i would go to bike shop first and see how they fit. personally, the only jacket manufacture that fits me like a glove is ICON. I have 3 other riding guys that share that opinion.
this is the one i bought, and it seems to be fine for now.
I totally agree with trying them on before you buy them online. I lucked out with my first Shift jacket (the kind of ugly gray one). I also measured myself extensively and compared that to the sizing charts. After I was satisfied (and knew they had a 30 day return policy), I bought the new red/black one......and it fit even better than I expected it to. I LOVE IT!

I recommend leather over anything. Yeah, summer gets hot, but it sucks worse to loose all your skin off your shoulder (I would imagine). CE approved shoulder and elbow armor, and a back protector pocket. Then get yourself a CE approved back protector (if the jacket didn't come with one).......The Shift jackets (at least the two I bought so far) haven't come with back protectors, but they offer them (which I bought).

I would go with Shift or Joe Rocket. I'm not too keen on Icon, I don't like the fit, quality of materials or the craftsmanship. Shift is top notch. So was my Joe Rocket Honda Supersport textile I used to have. (but rrasco has it now).

Old 02-21-2007, 09:45 AM

i did not but it online. i got it at the store. its strange i dont remmber saying i got it online. i did try it on b4 i bought it to.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Yet another Shift jacket has gone on clearance, but this one is breathtakingly awesome. Of course, it's leather (and is vented VERY well). Just got mine today in the mail, and I have to say, I love Shift even more now. This new one fits better, looks better, has MORE armor built-in and just........IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. I remember wanting this jacket about 1 year ago right before I bought my bike, but then it was $429.99.

Shift has it on their website (http://www.shiftracing.com) on clearance for $199.99. Worth every penny. Also, they have a 2-piece leather suit that uses this same jacket for only $299. Trust me, it's worth looking into.

I got the red one, but they also have blue and black available.
You people have GOT to start using ebay...did you really buy it for 200? I saw one on ebay, and it's going for 140 shipped. Anyways, if you do use ebay, don't bid on the stuff I bid on

Old 02-24-2007, 05:12 AM

alekinci that's sick looking jacket but......................... that Icon doesn't give that warm tingly feeling inside.