CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Rides (https://cbrforum.com/forum/rides-82/)
-   -   RWB CBR up North (https://cbrforum.com/forum/rides-82/rwb-cbr-up-north-121330/)

Lockport 02-17-2011 10:18 AM

RWB CBR up North

4 Attachment(s)
Here is my '92, bought relatively cheap during the spring '09. The price obviously reflects a few scratches and cracked plastic, and a half-hearted try from one of the earlier owners to fix them.

At that time the odometer showed around 67k km. Today it reads around 85k km. The bike has been a daily driver as well as two trips to Denmark in '09, (summing up at 3000km).

Beeing quite a soft ride, I have replaced both the rear shock and springs in the front. Still a bit too soft in the front. After the overhaul of the front dampers, it took a while before the rubber seals sealed properly, losing some fork oil. I will be taking a look at the oil level the coming season.

The bike has been trouble free for me, only doing basic maintenance together with Haynes :) Though lately the engine has been rackling before it reaches proper operating temperature. Might be the famous cam chain tensioner..

Beeing my second motorcycle (the first beeing a KTM 625SMC), I am very satisfied with both durability, the engine and the ride comfort itself. I have been hitting myself for not buying this one as my first bike.

Currently it sits in a local workshop after beeing stolen, and recovered by the police. Unfortunately/fortunatly only with a few scratches, drilled up ignition-, seat- and even tank cap lock (!).

I have enjoyed several hours at the forum, and it has helped my out numerous times. Thanks!

Attachment 50340

Attachment 50341

Attachment 50342

Attachment 50343

Sprock 02-17-2011 02:27 PM

Welcome and nice pics , happy the Police got it back for you and lucky for you it sounds
like the damage from theft are few.

So where exactly is up North ? :) Belgium , Netherlands or Norway ????

Lockport 02-17-2011 03:21 PM

Thank you! I really hope the damage limits to the cosmetic and that whoever stole it not managed to start it, overrevving it or something. The roads around here are rideable i middle-March-something, so time will tell.

More specific is Norway. Having a total of around 300 km motorway (class A), and generally the worst road conditions in Europe - motorcycling here is perfect :)

Sprock 02-18-2011 09:24 AM

BTW that looks like the Honda OEM Luggage rack with side brackets !

Do you or could you take some more pics of it closer up ! ???? please :)

Yup the Pollen Season info in your third pic made me guess Norway ;)

Lockport 02-19-2011 09:13 AM

The luggage system is Hepco & Becker actually. Seems like its not holding out as good the bike. The bracket has broken in a welded joint, probably because of tension differences, but it's not critical for the luggage carry-ability :) Hard plastic interiour in the cases are cracked and falling apart, but the case itself, together with the locking mechanisms seems safe and reliable.

I can't locate any good pictures of the rack, but I'll shoot some for you when I get the bike back from the shop!

Ah, not bad investigation! Pollen sesong sucks :p