Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

What gloves should I use with heated hand grips?

Old 02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Default What gloves should I use with heated hand grips?

I own a '04 CBR600F4i with heated hand grips and I want to know if there are heated grip specialized gloves?

What I am envisioning are gloves that are insulated, waterproof, with armor on the back. But the bottom or palm, is thinner so the heat can transmit to my hand and I can still have good feel of the controls.

Any ideas or suggestions? I am stationed in Germany and I would like to be able to ride in 40F weather. Thanks!

These are the only ones I've seen say anything about effectiveness with heated grips - FIRSTGEAR 2009 TPG Glacier Motorcycle Gloves
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...=TUC_51-3702_G

Last edited by Pswid; 02-05-2010 at 08:10 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 PM

I just wear my reg gauntlet gloves n maybe a pair of UA coldgear glove liners when its really cold.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
LBS

Originally Posted by Pswid View Post
I own a '04 CBR600F4i with heated hand grips and I want to know if there are heated grip specialized gloves?

What I am envisioning are gloves that are insulated, waterproof, with armor on the back. But the bottom or palm, is thinner so the heat can transmit to my hand and I can still have good feel of the controls.

Any ideas or suggestions? I am stationed in Germany and I would like to be able to ride in 40F weather. Thanks!
I have Alpinestar Vega Drystars I got from Rider's Discount:

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street...-men/31836.php

I have been more than pleased with them in temps down to about 0C (32F) even without the heat turned on. (Symtec heated elements)

They appear to be out of stock right now unfortunately, so I will post up another link to some awesome gloves I just got from: Beachmoto (LOL seems kinda strange getting cool waterproof gloves from a place called BeachMoto in San Diego Cal., but I found them through the ADVrider.com site, which in turn I found from the CBRforum site)

http://www.beachmoto.com/revit/gloves/gt-h2o.php

These are more "racetrack" type oriented, with little to no insulation, but waterproof membrane and lined. Fully armored and padded leather gauntlets that have more of a normal non-cold weather glove feel to them, less ski-mitt type, if you know what I mean.

Note: they fit small! I got Medium and they feel like a Small size. You may want to go up one size from usual.

HTH

Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
BDT

Depending on what heated grips you have you can use any glove. I have the Simtec grips and they get so hot they work thru the tickest gloves. I wear my TourMaster Winter Elite Gloves and they get really hot on the Hi setting. I usually have to turn it down to Low after about 5 mins on the bike.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:57 AM

The grips were installed by the previous owner so I am not sure the brand. They have a high/low toggle switch and he has them wired so they only draw power when the ignition is turned on (just in case I forget to turn them off). The few rides I have been on they do get super hot, but all I have a JR summer gloves and there just isn't enough wind protection.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Keep them coming because I probably won't decide on a pair until Feb11th when cyclegear.com has there huge sale.

These are the gloves I am leaning towards A* Apex Dystar ... http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...AR_3310-0208_G
or
FIRSTGEAR 2009 TPG Glacier Motorcycle Gloves
http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...=TUC_51-3702_G

Last edited by Pswid; 02-05-2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM

Not aware of any special gloves for that. Heated grips can really be nice in a cold climate. I borrowed a buddy's bike that had heated grips. When my hands got a little too warm, I'm just turn 'em off...then back on when they'd get cool. Seemed to work ok this way.