Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

Which is warmer??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM
MZ5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't be riding in the 'winter,' as winters here can be fairly nasty. However, I'm still riding to work right now, despite sub-freezing temps on the way in. My thing is traction issues later on. I'm not that worried about a slight chill in the air.

Speaking of studded snows, though: A former employee bought studded tires for his bicycle, and rode it to work all winter! Only times he wouldn't ride were when it was slushy, on account of he didn't want to get his clothes all messy.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:23 PM

Only gets to about 30 deg F at the lowest here, so its really almost year round riding down here. I have a textile jacket with the two inner liners and it keeps me warm down to about 35 deg F. Lower than that and I'll throw on a thermal under my jacket...most of the time i just wear a short sleeve T under my jacket.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Speaking of those Hurricane guys.......

I ride whenever I can with the exception of 3 reasons that I won't:

It is raining or snowing

The temperature is below 26 deg F

or I'm golfing that day (I haven't figured out how to strap my clubs to the thing)

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 PM

I have a arlen ness jacket I use in the winter and for pants I like a pair of bdu military winter pants and that does it but it usually only gets in the 30s and three month winters in south texas. Johnnyh

Old 02-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by OutlawF4
I want to know "who" all these people are that ride in the winter?? It must not snow where they are at?? Must not be any sand and salt on the streets where they live?? I just dont understand why you would want to?? Jump in your car, its winter! Heated grips, heated jackets, heated gloves....if you need that stuff, its too cold for riding. I'm not going to suffer let alone torture my bike with all the gravel on the streets.
Ha, couldn't wait to get my Dainese summer jacket off when I got to work this morning at 6:30am. And it breathes pretty good too. Yep, it's that hot here in Australia at the moment. Got home this afternoon and I was sweating like a pig even after coming off the Hwy I'd been riding for 50 minutes with the zipper down a bit to let more air in.