Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

A Twist of the Wrist II DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Twist of the Wrist II DVD

I just wanted to let everyone know about a new instructional DVD that was produced by Keith Code and the California Superbike School. I was already meaning to get the book so when I saw that they came out with a DVD recently I got both through the school's website. As far as the information goes it seems to provide a very detailed analysis of riding. The DVD follows the book fairly closely but it makes it easier to see what the book is talking about. They feature some very interesting demonstrations. They're good at showing the results of doing various things correctly and the results of doing them wrong. Very creative camera mounts are used to show what the suspension, steering, and riders are doing. I feel like the combination of the book and DVD is very useful. The DVD also has a little bit of a storyline that follows two riders as they progress through their skills so that keeps the information from becoming too dry. I've already started applying some of the lessons to my riding. The website linked to below has all of the info on the DVD.

This gets me excited for next season when I'll hopefully start doing some track days!

http://www.twistofthewristdvd.com/

Old 11-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I know what I want for Christmas. Thanks for the heads up and review

Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm giving the dvd a once over right now. Seems pretty good, great information. I think it's better as a companion for the book though.

Book on order from Amazon

Old 05-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I can also vouch for this. I've had A Twist of the Wrist II recommended to me by many people and ended up downloading the video online. It was so good that I bought the book. I find the book even better than the video. It's the kinda stuff you can read/watch over and over again to really drill the concepts in your head. It explains so many things that can seem so counter-intuitive at first and I truly believe that it can make anyone a better rider.

I can't wait to do a track day now that I have this extra knowledge which makes so much sense. I do a conscious effort of rolling on the throttle through turns, keeping light on the bars and using my lower body to stabilize myself to decrease upper body stiffness.

Anybody who is looking to improve their riding skills should take a look/read at A Twist of the Wrist II. Although a lot of it is track-focused, most of the concepts are useful skills on the street that can make you a better/safer/faster rider.